Scion xA needs help - Scionlife.com

Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Old 06-14-2018, 06:55 AM   #1  

Default Scion xA needs help

I still own a Scion xA, 2006. I love this car but it has developed a big problem. After parking for awhile and then restarting the engine, I cannot shift into gear at all. At the same time all the power units do not work...AC, windows, door locks, etc.
I had to get it towed to a Toyota shop. But all their tests reveal nothing wrong! It has happened again while they test drove it and stopped for awhile. They still cannot figure it out. They managed to get it going and shift into gear after restarting it.
I am reading a lot of things about ECU's and ECM's. Can something like that cause this problem? I can't stand the thought of having to buy another car, esp. since they don't even make Scions anymore.

Any ideas I could share with the service dept?

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-14-2018 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator
Suzee2u is offline   Reply With Quote