Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

SRS airbag light on. How to turn it off?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Question SRS airbag light on. How to turn it off?

Hey viewers,

I've read a few posts on here regarding the SRS light, and it seems the only way to reset it is to take it to the dealership?

I can't say for sure why mine came on. There's a couple of things to mention though...
1. The plastic cover on the passenger side dash recently cracked. I want to say it was possibly due to the heat. As far as I can tell, that's the only thing that I noticed around the time the light came on. The bags have not deployed.
2. I recently had to change the alternator. The lower 14mm bolt that anchors the alternator is so close to the chassis that I have to unbolt the SRS sensor that sits right near it in order for the bolt to the alternator to be removed. All I did was undo the two bolts to the sensor in order to move it out of the way a little.

I also have an actron scanner, which I've hooked up to the car, but it doesn't register the sensor. I reset the codes, but it made no difference.

So am I up for a visit to the dealership?

Cheers

Dave
Old 05-31-2012, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All you need is a paperclip: http://www.clubxb.com/forums/showthr...ight=paperclip
Old 04-20-2022, 01:14 AM

Default I just change alternator

Originally Posted by Ford_Falcon
Hey viewers,

I've read a few posts on here regarding the SRS light, and it seems the only way to reset it is to take it to the dealership?

I can't say for sure why mine came on. There's a couple of things to mention though...
1. The plastic cover on the passenger side dash recently cracked. I want to say it was possibly due to the heat. As far as I can tell, that's the only thing that I noticed around the time the light came on. The bags have not deployed.
2. I recently had to change the alternator. The lower 14mm bolt that anchors the alternator is so close to the chassis that I have to unbolt the SRS sensor that sits right near it in order for the bolt to the alternator to be removed. All I did was undo the two bolts to the sensor in order to move it out of the way a little.

I also have an actron scanner, which I've hooked up to the car, but it doesn't register the sensor. I reset the codes, but it made no difference.

Cheers

Dave
My airbag light for driver side stayed on . I don't know the fix yet either .
Old 04-25-2022, 12:03 AM

Default Check plug!!

I changed my alternator and the airbag light stayed on after that I read on the forum here somebody else had the same problem I told my mechanic that my airbag light was on and he said oh you know what it was it was the plug that touches above the above the radiator there's one plug that you unplugged because your hands can't get through there without unplugging it to get the alternator out and so there's a plug that comes a wire goes across over to from the alternator side this doesn't plug into the alternator was just in the way from getting an alternator out and there's a plug on that bar right above the radiator and that had to be plugged back in so might want to check and see that plugs plugged in there's one right now yeah so check that out
Originally Posted by Ford_Falcon
Hey viewers,

Cheers

Dave
Old 04-30-2022, 08:15 PM
SL Member

Have you plugged in the sensor?.....and then maybe remove negative battery cable and push brakes and turn headlights on for a minute then off to drain any remaining voltage and then wait about 15 minutes and hook it back up and see if it clears.