Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

TRD Turbo xB specs

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 01:48 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Dude...that would save us a bunch of headaches...Im about to try and rig up a bigger MAF sensor and housing to see if I can overide this fuel cut.
I am going to get rid of the factory air box. I ordered the Perrin intake and I am going to try the MAF adaptor that comes with that kit and run some piping. Otherwise I am going to fab up a larger adapter myself and try that with different diameters....

Someone at one time was telling me that a MAF from the turbo celica may work with some splicing and such... Not sure though. May have to check into that one...

How is yours running Vito? I still get that bogging but I have yet to get it on the dyno. I have to get my injectors still. Also, change of plans with the business. Its not changing hands....
Old 08-27-2005, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

You know, for all the nice stuff they have over in Japan for the bBs, I wish I had the bankroll to go overseas, get one set up right, and get it imported over here.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by lastlookcustoms
Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Dude...that would save us a bunch of headaches...Im about to try and rig up a bigger MAF sensor and housing to see if I can overide this fuel cut.
I am going to get rid of the factory air box. I ordered the Perrin intake and I am going to try the MAF adaptor that comes with that kit and run some piping. Otherwise I am going to fab up a larger adapter myself and try that with different diameters....

Someone at one time was telling me that a MAF from the turbo celica may work with some splicing and such... Not sure though. May have to check into that one...

How is yours running Vito? I still get that bogging but I have yet to get it on the dyno. I have to get my injectors still. Also, change of plans with the business. Its not changing hands....
I hate to say it but at this point, the injectors wont do much except throw a P0172 code (system rich bank 1). Im still bogging down but im gonna try and turn the boost down to like 4-5 psi. Im at 8 right now and its hit or miss...it either pulls really hard or bogs down, then eventually gets the right fuel curve and then goes. Lemme know how the intake works out...I was thinking of using a MAF from a Mustang or a Supra and try to make it work.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:35 AM
5 Year Member

I dont know much but arnt the japan bbs all wheel drive with a 1.3 liter turbo motor stock
Old 09-30-2005, 01:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by bBnOics
I dont know much but arnt the japan bbs all wheel drive with a 1.3 liter turbo motor stock
Theres a bunch of them runnin around w/ awd in the mountains of Japan but w/ the standard 1nz motor. They have a turbo for the bB which cannot be used on the USDM xB's cause of low octane gas that we have here in the states compared to them over there. Plus they use MAP sensor instead of MAF sensor to regulate the a/f.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

wow that is great.... i meant to post on this , but i made my own by accident instead........