Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

turbo return line???

Old 05-30-2005, 02:41 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default turbo return line???

I am like 99% sure this will work, but just need someone else to tell me that I am correct. I have the Greddy oil filter adapter on the car in between my filter and housing for my oil pressure gauge. The block has two ports on it. I can just run my oil return from my turbo into the adapter block cant I?
Old 05-30-2005, 04:50 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Hmm, sounds like it would work. As long as its sucking pressure back into the pan, and not out, resulting in blowing the oil back up into the turbo.

Most I know just put a fitting into the side of the oil pan.

I'll call and check for you.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:05 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Squirrel, thanks for the call. Sorry I didnt make it to the phone. Stuck in the shop trying to get this STI finished. When I really thought about it, you are right, it will just push the oil back up into the turbo. I am just going to tap a hole in the pan and be done with it.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Cool Stuart!
Old 06-03-2005, 09:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

where do you guys run the inlet for the turbo? where do you tap the oil for that ?
Old 06-03-2005, 11:11 PM
Ed
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: turbo return line???

Originally Posted by lastlookcustoms
I am like 99% sure this will work, but just need someone else to tell me that I am correct. I have the Greddy oil filter adapter on the car in between my filter and housing for my oil pressure gauge. The block has two ports on it. I can just run my oil return from my turbo into the adapter block cant I?
Let me get this straight,you want to plumb a turbo's drain line to one of these?

Then the answer is NO. If you're talking about using the block adapter for your turbo's feed line,that answer is a YES

Turbo drain lines are just that,drains. You need to plumb it to run downwards and into the oilpan. Keep bends to a minimum and run as large a diameter line as possible.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:35 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: turbo return line???

Originally Posted by Ed
Originally Posted by lastlookcustoms
Let me get this straight,you want to plumb a turbo's drain line to one of these?

Then the answer is NO. If you're talking about using the block adapter for your turbo's feed line,that answer is a YES

Turbo drain lines are just that,drains. You need to plumb it to run downwards and into the oilpan. Keep bends to a minimum and run as large a diameter line as possible.

yea, I realized all this after I put the post up when I thought about it for more than a second. I am going to run my feed off of that like you said, but run my return to a tapped plug in the pan...
Old 06-10-2005, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default PE300

Once again taken care of by the Power Enterprise PE300. It comes with a new tapped oil pan for the oil feed return.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:28 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: PE300

Originally Posted by matchbox
Once again taken care of by the Power Enterprise PE300. It comes with a new tapped oil pan for the oil feed return.
I know... I bought a pan and was going to drill and tap it, but the way the pan is shaped, you cant really do it for the turbo. The line would have to go into the rear of the pan and its sloped weird. I dont want to run the return all the way into the front. I am just going to drill and tap the aluminum pan...