Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

volant cold air intake ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 05:09 PM

Default volant cold air intake ?'s

I own a 2006 xb and recently installed a volant cold air intake it is awesome and I can feel the power differance. My concern is when I am in drive and I am at a complete stop the car shutters real bad, but if I put it in neutral or park it is fine. So if anyone knows what I can do to stop the shuttering I would really appreciate the help
Old 06-02-2007, 12:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When you say "recently", just how recently? It seems to take the xB's computer some time to learn how to adjust for an intake change.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:21 PM

i had it on for about 3,500 miles and it still was acting the same
Old 06-04-2007, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Then something is messed up. It doesn't take that long- I'd guess only a hundred miles or so as long as they're not short cold trips. Double check for air leaks. Others have the Volant and I don't recall seeing any complaint postings about it. Since you say it happens when in drive but not neutral or park, you should probably try searching for automatic transmission problems.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:10 PM

ok i will do that thank you for taking time to help. I didnt know if it wasnt getting enough air or maybe if I needed a better exhaust or something. cause my car only has like 9000 miles on it. i just put a new grill on it so I am going to reinstall the intake and try that. so I will let you know if that helped thanks again for your time
Old 06-04-2007, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

also try to disconect the - of the battery for about 10 min the hook it back up and you should be fine then also
Old 06-06-2007, 04:09 PM

Default Re: volant cold air intake ?'s

Originally Posted by mynamehere
I own a 2006 xb and recently installed a volant cold air intake it is awesome and I can feel the power differance. My concern is when I am in drive and I am at a complete stop the car shutters real bad, but if I put it in neutral or park it is fine. So if anyone knows what I can do to stop the shuttering I would really appreciate the help
When I got my 05 it had a AEM cold air intake on it and it did the same thing your describing. I used the search feature on the forum and noticed that a few others have had the same symptoms. I swapped to a fujita short ram, changed the plugs and reset the computer and it seems to be a lot better than before. Still a little vibration in drive at a stop light which I am sure is normal for this tiny 1.5L but nothing violant like before.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:22 PM

hey whats up just wanted to thank everyone again for looking at my post. I wanted to let you all know that I reinstalled my intake and found that the problem with my intake was an air leak. it was where intake went into the cold air box so I mcgyvered it with a band clamp and some rubber tubing and now it runs fine.