Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Computer question for xB that was in a flood

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 02:59 PM

Default Computer question for xB that was in a flood

OK not sure if this has been covered before. Please forgive me I am new. Not new to the xB Classic. I have an 05 manual and bought my wife an 04 Auto. Several weeks ago we were hit with a flash flood. Everything in my driveway got hit. Six total including the two xB's. My wife was the first to discover around 3:AM as the alarms were going off! After calling my insurance company first thing that morning the vehicles had to sit a week before an adjuster came. It was very heartbreaking seeing them sit there with dirty standing water in them. My wife couldn't take it anymore and used the shop vac on them ....which made us feel better. But was short lived as I knew what had to be done. It is noted that it is considered fresh water not salt. Any water is not good. The two Scions will not start and is thought to be the computer. Sorry for the long post. My question is can computers be swapped from one vehicle to the next? Say I go to a salvage yard. Find a computer from an 05 manual trans will it work in my car or find an 04 with an Auto trans. in my wifes car? Or are the computers vin specific and require programing?? Sorry for the long post and my user id should actually be SoggyToast!

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-13-2017 at 12:46 PM. Reason: typo