GReddy vs Blitz S/C

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 08:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Default GReddy vs Blitz S/C

What one is better? What octane gas would I use? Can I use a under drive pulley?

I'm going to get headers, exhaust, intake, fuel rail, ECT before but should I get new injectors or any thing like that.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 06-06-2019 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 08-05-2008, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can only answer because I have been researching this for like a year-my warranty isn't up yet so nothing installed as far as SC.

I have heard the Blitz has some cool features but is less reliable and customer support is non-existant.

Neither has an actual underdrive pulley yet but there was a post about making one fit the GReddy.

They both come with everything needed (and neither makes enough power for bigger fuel injectors to be needed) The fuel rail isn't necessary either from what I have read about.

The header (and an axle back exhaust if you don't have one) are good mods to do first both for experience and they will add better flow that the SC can take advantage of.

Once you have the SC you need to use premium all the time (in a pinch if the station is out and you are in the middle of nowhere without gas you can use regular but it supposedly causes bad detonation).

That's what I know so far. the Power Enterprises SC is really cool too but unavailable stateside so if you come across it-no-unfortunately.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you want reliable horse-power I would tell you not to buy a supercharger at all (as i ripped mine off in frustraition years ago) but to buy the Greddy Turbo kit as it is problem free and provides the same power but more torque out of the box.

But if you are set on a supercharger my vote is Greddy supercharger
Old 08-11-2008, 05:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I have to agree that the Blitz support is zero. They have a nice kit but if you ever need
parts or help they are useless. If you need to rebuild your SC then you have to ship
it to Japan and it could take many months to get it back. They won't even speculate
on the time or the cost. I"m getting near to 60k miles on my blitz and it is starting
to make funny noises. The clutch has a strange rattle when not engaged. This makes
me think that some internal is failing. I'm not sure what I will do after it goes but it
won't be another Blitz.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I have the Greddy s/c (currently off the car awaiting an engine build). The blower is an Eaton MP45 and is rock-solid. The main issue with it is the tension pulley system Greddy supplies, it tends to back off and cause belt slippage. I will be adding a nut to hold the tension adjustment bolt in place better, Greddy only holds it on with a press fit horseshoe clip.

The blower also has an internal bypass valve from Magnuson. This diverts airflow directly into the manifold instead of going through the charger when not under boost, it really helps fuel economy because since the blower isn't compressing, it draws around 1/4 HP in vacuum.

If you plan on expanding your system though, a turbo will be easier. Once my engine is built (unless I can sell the supercharger) I will be getting a bigger pulley machined to increase boost levels. It will be a bigger secondary alternator pulley, not a bigger supercharger pulley. It will have the same effect as a smaller blower pulley but hopefully with less belt slippage. It runs around $125 from asp racing for a custom job.

Finally, I will planning on running methanol injection since an intercooler is pretty much impossible on the Greddy setup. Magnuson informed me that spraying through the blower will eat the oil seals on the blower, so spray after it directly into the manifold. I'm still not sure on nitrous, I've emailed and am waiting a response.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So have you been happy with the GReddy power-I have heard it feels pretty quick with the SC. There is a link on here for a gooyear gatorback belt that fits too and helps prevent slippage.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I was pretty happy with it, especially since I have a lot of weight in the vehicle sometimes, it really does help on the lower end for towing. If you have a manual though, I'd go turbo sine you have much better control of shift points and can keep it in the upper RPM's easier where the turbo is most effective.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

blown_xA, did you have the Greddy supercharger in your xA? How did you get it to fit?