Notices

hks turbo kit anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 06:05 PM

Default hks turbo kit anyone?

does anyone have the hks turbo kit on their 1nzfe? If so, pics please
(searched like hell for pics and I can't find anything)
Old 08-30-2009, 02:26 AM

does anyone here even have this kit?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think too many people even have that kit, ha. \:
Old 09-05-2009, 02:37 AM

wow... that's depressing. I can see with the bad economy no one wanting to but you can find the kit for about 2600 and it's hks. I actually have a yaris and I'm debating between turbo and supercharger. I've been coming to this forum to learn about engine builds because there is only one real build thread on yarisworld.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:05 AM

bump... still wondering the same thing... anyone have this kit?
Old 05-02-2010, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

didn't even know hks made a kit for the 1nz
Old 05-02-2010, 01:05 AM

http://www.enjukuracing.com/bolt-tur...on-p-8613.html

best price you will find too

Old 05-02-2010, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well 2.7k + intercooler + new pipes fabbed + tuning = approx 4.5k. that's doing the labor yourself.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:39 PM

its cheaper than the greddy and custom fab, imo, is probably the best way to go too
Old 06-30-2011, 09:02 AM

Default maybe a lil too late

i own the kit and have it installed works great i paid 300 for the install but that is cause i did half myself. Super good wor the money (1300). get yours now!!! if you have any questions email me @ "terrycarter66@gmail.com". i got it on ebay just search for "hks xb". they are trying to sell it for 1599 but haggle. it works!!! they are going out of biz. it is discontinued and it is just being sold as backstock for really no money at all. buy it because for the price its a no brainer!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Turbo all the way, the supercharger is performance limited on the 1NZ and not upgradeable. Greddy's kit actually gets the job done, though I'd recommend the intercooler upgrade, larger injectors, and an add-on pressure sensor for the eManage blue, + a tune.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by ToyBoxRacingstore
HKS is only closing their U.S location in CA. Their not shutting their doors and going out of business. They just feel their is no US market. So why keep spending money on abuilding and personel. Their US sales are weak and after calling them, it's just do to a lagging economy and people here just don't spend the money like they do in Japan on import racing. " no use keeping the doors open if your average sale is a CAI"

They will continue to sell their parts through their US vendors. The XB kit is discontinued. Didn't sell very well. Not really upgradeable as well as if you break something or loose something in that kit, they will not sell you separate parts.

Bottom line, you gotta start spending money or you will see more of this type of stuff with other JDM companies that have a place here in the US. Blitz has already done this as well. It's just business and cutting the fat.

Aras / TBR
The bottom line even if you need a part and they wont send it to you any part they have can be purchased generic off ebay. you can own this for less than 1500. install in a weekend and improve horsepower by 25%. Myself by 50% because i puchased a manual boost controller by turbonetics. a boost,oil pres, a/f gauge a guage bod removed my left fog light and routed my injen cai pipe down with my hks super flow intake. seriously! buy this kit and for 2gs you will get quick.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Banned
SL Member

Are you serious?

This is the exact reasons this company has pulled out of the U.S. Quite buying cheap EBay knock-offs. Your the reason this industry is falling on it's face. Buying these eBay China made crap making the real JDM companies suffer. Do you even understand the time it takes to manufacture a part?, the R&D involved to make sure the end user "you" has a great reliable part!

Quite being part of the industry problem, quite buying copy cat china made eBay crap. All it does is make real companies like HKS, Blitz leave the U.S.

Which they've already done.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:44 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Originally Posted by xbgod
Are you serious?

This is the exact reasons this company has pulled out of the U.S. Quite buying cheap EBay knock-offs. Your the reason this industry is falling on it's face. Buying these eBay China made crap making the real JDM companies suffer. Do you even understand the time it takes to manufacture a part?, the R&D involved to make sure the end user "you" has a great reliable part!

Quite being part of the industry problem, quite buying copy cat china made eBay crap. All it does is make real companies like HKS, Blitz leave the U.S.

Which they've already done.

Well said

Please support the companies that actually put money into R&D their products, and not the companies who simply steal the design and send it oversea to have it mass produce for pennies.

What you will end up with is a cheap product that will fail and may even cause bodily harm. At the same time, you are putting the true pioneer companies out of business.

In the past 10+ years, we have seen so many good companies gone because of all these cheap knock-off flooding eBay.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:32 PM
Banned
SL Member

Scion47, This wasn't meant to be a kick in your face. I know you mean well and want to see someone get in on a good deal with the parts and pieces of what XB HKS turbo kits are left in the industry. But if you must piece together a kit at least do it with a company that actually makes good engineered parts. You even mentioned a few with your stuff, Turbonetics, Apexi, Tial, ARC and so fourth.

I'd like to see people band together and boycot all that ebay crap. If you have to stoop to buying knock off's from there then your in the wrong hobbie and are cheaping the true JDM world. You in fact have become "The Ricer"
Old 07-27-2011, 09:35 AM

Default ebay is my hero

ok i purchased a hks turbo kit. not a crappy ebay one. i get it. i needed a silicone coupler and a bov and didnt have the money to purchase a 200 dollar bov. if im a ricer then thats what it is.