Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-forced-induction-1644/)
-   -   Replacement oil feed for Greddy turbo kit, from Ptuning (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-forced-induction-1644/replacement-oil-feed-greddy-turbo-kit-ptuning-191553/)

blown_xa 08-12-2010 08:33 PM

Replacement oil feed for Greddy turbo kit, from Ptuning

A common problem with the Greddy kit for the xB's and xA's is the original oil feed line to burst and leak inside the steel braiding.

We have a feed line and fitting kit custom made to replace the original line, contact Ptuning for details and pricing.

Rydrdg 08-12-2010 10:44 PM

Do you guys sell black powder coated valve cover for scion tc, I see only red...

usc_ty 08-13-2010 11:20 AM

I had it burst on me a few months ago but I found another feed line. It's good to know you have something for this. Are there any other common issues with the kit so that I can look out for it in the future?

Also, are there plans for a short block or long block for the 1NZ-FE? I feel that one of these days, the engine will explode on me:rolling:

Any progress on the brake ducts blown_xa? The spacing under there is sorta tight. I am hesitant to do anything with it.

vettereddie 08-13-2010 02:13 PM

Guess you missed the announcement a few weeks back, check here:

PTUNING Competition 1NZ-FE Short Block (Spec-SS)

Didn't have any other issues when I was running my kit, other than it ran lean on stock injectors w/ a cat-back system and having to chop the downpipe to mate to the USDM exhaust flange. Upgraded to tC and got a retune and was good after that.

Carlos@Ptuning.com 08-13-2010 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rydrdg (Post 3654659)
Do you guys sell black powder coated valve cover for scion tc, I see only red...

Just Red

Carlos@Ptuning.com 08-13-2010 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by usc_ty (Post 3655007)
I had it burst on me a few months ago but I found another feed line. It's good to know you have something for this. Are there any other common issues with the kit so that I can look out for it in the future?

Also, are there plans for a short block or long block for the 1NZ-FE? I feel that one of these days, the engine will explode on me:rolling:

Any progress on the brake ducts blown_xa? The spacing under there is sorta tight. I am hesitant to do anything with it.

Look at the sponsor exclusive sales

usc_ty 08-13-2010 07:05 PM

Oh my goodness...you guys rock. I know where to go now when the engine blows.

By the way, you guys had installed the Greddy turbo kit a while back when I was living in the east coast and it's still going strong after all these years. I can't thank you enough for the great work.

blown_xa 08-18-2010 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by usc_ty (Post 3655206)
Oh my goodness...you guys rock. I know where to go now when the engine blows.

By the way, you guys had installed the Greddy turbo kit a while back when I was living in the east coast and it's still going strong after all these years. I can't thank you enough for the great work.

Yea the Greddy kit is very reliable! I had it on for over 50,000 miles... hard miles of racing and driving every day.

We have another customer who's xB we are working on, he is getting the spec ss shortblock, Haltec Sprint 500, water meth, and much much more. Im taking it a step further with his car and ported the cast manifold, also made a 3" downpipe. The Greddy kit has a beast of a powerband and with his car my goal is to see it hold more boost up top.

vettereddie 08-18-2010 09:33 PM

Take it very slow if you port the intake side of the head. The metal is thin around the fuel injector seats.

usc_ty 08-19-2010 02:35 AM

Can't wait to hear about the results.

blown_xa 08-20-2010 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by vettereddie (Post 3658797)
Take it very slow if you port the intake side of the head. The metal is thin around the fuel injector seats.

Noted. I don't plan on touching the head though. Im just porting the cast manifold, specifically the collector section right before turbo housing entry. Originally my pinky wouldnt fit into the runner exits there, it was rather restrictive.

vettereddie 08-23-2010 02:02 PM

Greddy mani? I did that as well. Unlike the head, there's a lot of meat on the cast iron side, so you can get fairly agressive. My new one is welded stainless though, so I'm not touching it.