Old 10-30-2005, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Originally Posted by uber-xA-RS2
Ok, time to step up with a question.

Now I know that Blitz is the big guy when it comes to Superchargers and the 1NZ-FE engine, however, I have also noticed in the parts section that Power Enterprise also has a kit as well. Now the obvious differences are the PE is a centrifugal design and Blits is a Roots style supercharger. Are there any benefits to the PE kit (if it fits the xA) over the Blitz in terms of performance or will they give equivalent gains?
I dont think Dave is online right now, but I will briefly answer the question and let him finish the answer tommorow. Theres one thing that I hafta correct you on though before we get any further, the Blitz supercharger actually is a centrifugal supercharger. It is different in essence to the PE because it replaces the stock intake manifold as the PE is a true bolt on affair which I believe mounts on to an alternator bracket(help me dave lol), with tapping the oil return line as being probly one of the hardest part of the install. I do not know exactly if the PE fits the xA, but I couldnt see why not cause your not running an intercooler and if you decide to the only thing I could possibly see different would be the space you have to route charge pipes. I think the only difference in the engine bay of the two would be the location of the strut towers which shouldnt be an issue and the washer fluid tank design is different(hence why the TSI kit is really for an xA). I would go with the PE kit, as it will definitely outperform the blitz and seems to run better than the blitz as well
the PE does not fit the xA....at least if you like having a hood. the PE unit sits up on top of the motor...
the oil returen line is not the hard part of the PE kit. (they give you a new oil pan with the return line bung welded in already. just drain the oil and swap the pan.)
there is a 4 mil vacuum line you run back into the fuel pump. this and drilling the fuel pump canister for the new pressure regulator are the hard parts.

the PE300 is mounted off of the motor mount and engine block.
power is driven by the alternator pulley. they give you a new spindle for the alt.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by lastlookcustoms
Originally Posted by dgHotLava
i'm not a turbo guy, but if you have a supercharger Q, i'll do my best to help you out....

V, i figured out what my code was. (evap leak...small....)
just a side effect of my install...

That is the same code that I am still getting now even without the turbo. I believe in my case that it is from the return line setup that I made and its registering a small leak due to hole I drilled in the housing for the return line. I have had NO driveability problems with the code, just stupid dash lights....
yeah, no issues driving it. just some lights in your face.

it is the same code you get if the gas cap is not on all the way....

i might get this once every two months. check the code, pull the fuse. all is good.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok well...here's my question...I want to supercharge my xA with the blitz unit. I want to know EVEYTHING about supercharging my car...like is it a DIY for a beginner border line intermedite kinda guy, how is it with the car's ecu...blah blah blah...I want to know everythign taht you coudl possibly throw at me, I have no knowlege whatsoever about *blank*charging. thanks for the help!
Old 10-31-2005, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by uncompiled
BrianxB, you said you were reverting back to stock... was that just stock suspension? Sounds like you're planning to keep the box and go FI. :thumbs:
hey chris. Well teh car was almost back to stock because
A. My AVIC N1 was stolen
B. One of my air cylinders blew out and EAI is out of business now.
C. A week after my Nav was stolen, someone fools tried to steal my wheels. My alarm went off of course (you would think that the bright blue LED is there for a reason) and I came out with the heater. They took off in a large Fordish SUV. (its hard to tell when your woken up at 430am and you reach for your gun rather than your glasses).

Now I have insurance money for the AViC and need to spend it on something one of these days.

Simplyscion-

I dunno who that JDaniels guy was. So, was your kit something pieced together or did it start as a complete kit?
Old 10-31-2005, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Damm bro...sorry to hear that string of bad luck, hope it ends for ya real soon. My kit was the TSI kit, and the only thing pieced together was the fuel setup, and my gauges and other lil things here and there.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:14 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by lastlookcustoms
Originally Posted by JSosa
I guess the real question is :Is it worth it?!?

YES...Its worth it....
YES, it is!

Sorry guys, haven't been around much as of late.

I'll try and hit this as much as I can.

There is a new kit on the horizon. I'll post more when I can.

I found out some more new info, but have to confirm before I post more about it.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by squirrel

I found out some more new info, but have to confirm before I post more about it.

I really hope you will keep me informed so I can go to work with the new owner of my car and get this thing rockin.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

thats is good news Brad.

i knew something was going on....
Old 10-31-2005, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

At Sema, hks will be debuing their turbo kit for the xB as well. if anyone is going please get info for all of us on it, I havent spoken w/ my friend at hks for months, BUT the last time i spoke to him, testing was pracitcally complete.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

.... Theres one thing that I hafta correct you on though before we get any further, the Blitz supercharger actually is a centrifugal supercharger....
Are you sure about that? I was pretty sure it was a twinscrew type sc.

What is everyone using to read thier codes? laptop, shop buddy, code readers, 6th sense?
Old 11-01-2005, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Damm bro...sorry to hear that string of bad luck, hope it ends for ya real soon. My kit was the TSI kit, and the only thing pieced together was the fuel setup, and my gauges and other lil things here and there.
Thanks. I hope so too. Im sick of looking at my wheels sitting in my closet.

Ill read up on that TSI kit.

HKS kit! Woohoo.

The greddy kit is still not availible for a US xB right?
Old 11-01-2005, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

i believe they ditched the turbo setup and have a supercharger setup now.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:37 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by quadoptix
i believe they ditched the turbo setup and have a supercharger setup now.
Yes that is true. Greddy stopped production of the turbo because for the kit to be as complete as they would want it to be, it would retail for 4-5g's. Nobody would pay that much for the gains that would come from the kit. Instead they have built a supercharger kit that will be released around christmas and is suppose to produce about an extra 35hp....
Old 11-09-2005, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

can't wait to see it...
Old 11-09-2005, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hate this thread only because its always tempting and calling me...you want to f/i someday....do it....do it.....

35hp sc friggin drool??
Old 11-09-2005, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

**do it.....do it....**

hehehe
Old 11-09-2005, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default FI

Glad to see all this interest in FI on the Scions. I have been running my PE300 for over a year now. I have some plans for a few winter projects to squeeze a few more hp and hopefully hit 150hp. But 141hp will do for now.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by BrianxB
yup
How much did a set run for you? I owned a GTS, but they came with the car.

Did you piece together your whole kit or did you buy it complete and change parts?

Whats your reccomendation for a decent kit thats out now?
I got the set from JDaniels for like $100 used. They are around $140 a pop new!!! Definitely grab them from a junkyard if you can. Its gotta be like an 03-04 and they will be good enough to use. I changed parts with the kit. I didnt use the fuel management system that came with the kit because it is very innacurate and unstable. I got the injectors, rail, 255lph pump, aeromotive 1:1 Fuel pressure reg, custom return line setup etc. Right now as far as decent kits, I dont think there is one out there if that makes any sense I dont like the idea of the turbo being behind the firewall on my old kit, I would much rather see a top mounted turbo. I would see if you could have someone custom fabricate you a equal length turbo mani w/ an external wastegate. One thing that I never got to mess with was trying to fab a custom intake w/ a larger MAF port than stock. I was using the stock airbox on my setup and it really put a hurting on my performance. My MAF used to wig out because of all the compressed air it was seeing through this small diameter housing. I would maybe use a slightly smaller intercooler to decrease any minimal lag you may see to begin with, and replace with an Intercooler sprayer. Then my friend, the rest is up to you. That is the hard way out, but if you want a kit, I would wait to see whats gonna happen at SEMA cause I have a feeling a few companies may be showcasing some stuff for the near future. There were a few companies waiting to release a kit, one of them was RevHard which I am dissapointed this never came out yet. Another one that comes to mind is PSI racing....another one that suddenly went back into hiding. Dont even waste your time with Greddy unless you got some hookup with them and they are willing to re program the Emanage for you to run on the USDM 1nz...might wanna convert to their MAP tuning interface while your at it. ZPI is supposedly going to develop a turbo for the xB, but I dont think that they realize that this is a whole different ball game from the tC. They are used to working with a vehicle that is designed to run an optional supercharger so it is prepped to see the added boost, as the xB is far far from that. I am very curious to see how their venture goes, I just hope they dont try to cut corners like everyone else has out of frustration with the management system that curses us from day one from the factory.

When i do go turbo with my xA, its all going to custom made work. The same person that did my friends celica is now going to do my car. (By the way those are the injectors i plan on using because his is a GT. ) Beauitful custom made equal length header and the great part is my mechanic said he can even use my Injen CAI to his advantage because he just cuts a peice off and runs the intercooler through the same tubing as the normal CAI. Its going to be a costly project because my mechanic is very picky with the products he uses (which si good to my car, not my pocket). I was just wondering what turbo size do you recommend for this setup and what intercooler should i be looking at. I would like to run 8lb of boost at first. Then hopefully with a redone engine (if possible) run 12lb tops. I was thing of going with a T3/T2, but im not sure. Give me some advice.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Bomex-bB
I got the TSI kit w/ Apexi SAFC-II for fuel management.

4 Upgraded Fuel injectors.

As soon as I swapped out my injector, I feel better ride on idle and all but after 4rpm.

I got check engine light on. Code is saying misfiring + fuel running too lean.

I thought this will be fixed at the turbo tuning shop but no...

they tried to do everything with safc II but we failed.

Now i believe i need more fuel but 310cc injector is good upto 200 hw.... hmmm...

What do you guys recommend?

Fuel pump? rail? and what's converting to fuel return system? should i get the 5th injector?

Any help!!!!!!!!!!

Definitely go with the bigger rail, fuel pressure regulator, and convert over to a return line setup. The max fuel psi is only gonna be around 52 psi but its better than the stock 45 psi. I take it you are using the TSI kit, so if all else fails, try the extra injectors they supply with the kit. I have the injectors/black box unit used for sale if you didnt get one with your kit. I also have a brand new in the box aeromotive 1:1 for boost fuel pressure regulator. for sale if you wanna convert to the return line setup. I did all this stuff for my turbo setup on the xB and it worked. You should really get rid of the S AFC and get something like Emanage. I had the Camcon but didnt get the greatest results. They werent consistent. Also, change your plugs to something a couple steps colder like a 7 range. Get copper plugs, and gap them to like .025. I hope this helps out a lil bit. You sohuld really check out the mini turbo/supercharger thread at the top of the page and ask questions there cause they will get answered quicker.

Originally Posted by Bomex-bB
Thanks for all the info Simplyscion.

but i have few questions to ask.

1. I am replacing S AFC with E-management, since emanage can boost 50% more fuel control. You think this will solve it or i need more ?

2. trying to get the colder range spark. do you know any site or link where i can get them? how about those on e-bay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-I...ugs-for-03-06-
Toyota-Scion-xA-xB-tC_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33693QQitemZ8014229192QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-06...GK-IRIDIUM-IX-
SPARK-PLUGS-NOT-TRD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33693QQitemZ8013555491QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

3. is it necessary to get all fuel pump, and rail? cuz BBist is saying it does not will help that much. Steve said e-management should solve this problem.

4. if not, how much for boost fuel pressure regulator?
Old 11-12-2005, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The emanage may help solve your problem. What really sucks is that Im over here in NY and its hard to see exactly what is going on when I cant actually get my hands on it. As far as the plugs go, anything with the heat range of 7 will do alright...try the NGK BKR7EY and gap them to .025...these are a platinum but they are good...try to cross reference those with Iridiums or the coppers. It is not necessary to go with a return line setup, but so far everyone I know that has blown a bottom end didnt have a return line for fuel, and they were running violently lean at the point of failure. I would definitely do the return line setup cause it increases your fuel pressure slightly(something Emanage cant do). Also, while changing out your injectors, I think its alsmost a necessity to change out to the Perrin fuel rail to help carry that extra fuel and also you will need it to tap in one end of the fuel rail for the return. After you do some more research about what you wanna do, lemme know what you wanna do with the regualotr as I will PM you with the price instead of posting it up here cause I dont want all the vultures jumpin in on it and trying to ****** it up from me before it could get to you hahah. I got few turbo goodies you might be interested in for good chap prices.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scion xA/xB Forced Induction Q&A