Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Forced Induction (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-forced-induction-1644/)
-   -   stock ecu open loop? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-forced-induction-1644/stock-ecu-open-loop-148208/)

xa007xa 10-06-2008 08:12 PM

stock ecu open loop?

does anyone know at what throttle position and rpm point the stock ecu goes into open loop?

IH8ONYU 10-07-2008 12:05 AM

i could be wrong, but i believe that it goes into open loop once the coolant temp reached 140 degrees..

xa007xa 10-07-2008 12:34 AM

i hate to be an a$$, but the cold engine light goes out at 140. i'm guessing that the ecu isnt always in open loop once its warmed up. also, i believe that the tc's ecu goes into open loop at 3500 rpm, so i am thinking that the xa/xb would be somewhere around there too.

Cinderblock 10-07-2008 02:22 AM

um, i dont think it goes into open loop until its past 4500 rpm, or like 85% tps. my wide band reads much more steady, and thats when the car acts as if its in WOT lol. ill setmy scanguage marro to monitor oepn/closed loop operation, and get back to you as to when it changes.

xa007xa 10-07-2008 02:26 AM

thanks!!!!!!!! I need to know because i'm using emanage ultimate to tune via the a/f target map until i can get a dyno tune. emu wont make corrections until the stock ecu is in open loop or i force it by using the o2 adapter which i dont have :(

Cinderblock 10-07-2008 02:59 AM

ok, for sure, ill pay att maro and try and get you the info.

Cinderblock 10-07-2008 08:47 PM

ok heres the low down, this is an automatic transmission btw, but shouldnt make to much diff.
1st gear. always closed loop unless WOT, and still reads clsd until about 5500 rpm it seems
2nd gear. same thing always closed unless at WOT, but it will go open loop around 4500 or so it seems.
3rd gear. will go open loop with 50%+ throttle and 4500+ rpm. otherwise clsd loop.
4th. no exactly sure, id have to be doing about 100 to tel, but im positive its just like my third gear.

all gears will be in, and stay in open loop, if you go WOT or close to it from a stop, and wont go clsd untill you let off the gas.

the car also goes open loop when coasting during fuel cut, like say when coasting anywhere over 1500 rpm.

hope that helps. leme know if you need more.

xa007xa 10-07-2008 08:52 PM

that helps alot. thanks. since the ecu cant tell what gear i'm on, i'm sure that it's a little less complicated. what scan tool are you using? i think that when i get my nokia cable to mod for emanage basic, i will pull the tuning maps off and use them as a base for ultimate. then i'll experiment very conservatively to see when the manual ecu goes open.

if anyone knows when the manual ecu goes into open loop, please post.

thanks

Cinderblock 10-07-2008 09:09 PM

im using the scanguage II by linear logic. i can try to get a friend with a manual xb to let me ride with him and record that too, but itll be a lil while before that happens prob. we should sticky this info lol.

xa007xa 10-07-2008 09:58 PM

definately sticky it. knowing when it goes into open loop let's you tune ultimate with the a/f target map without using the o2 adapter to force the ecu into open loop.
cheers for the help.

Cinderblock 10-07-2008 11:44 PM

mods!!! can you sticky this?
edit the title to ask for a sticky.

xa007xa 10-26-2008 07:19 PM

still haven't found out when the ecu goes into open loop on a manual

silverevo05 10-27-2008 03:02 AM

For me (according to the scan gauge) it always goes into open loop when accelerating and then comming to a sudden stop Ie red light or or when going downhill in any gear and then letting go of the gas. I tend to think of the open closed loop thing as a blow off valve on the evo = relieves pressure

RichTc 10-29-2008 05:42 PM

ok heres the low down, this is an automatic transmission btw, but shouldnt make to much diff.
1st gear. always closed loop unless WOT, and still reads clsd until about 5500 rpm it seems
2nd gear. same thing always closed unless at WOT, but it will go open loop around 4500 or so it seems.
3rd gear. will go open loop with 50%+ throttle and 4500+ rpm. otherwise clsd loop.
4th. no exactly sure, id have to be doing about 100 to tel, but im positive its just like my third gear.
I just turbo'd my TC and have been somewhat concerned about the percentage of my driving that is in close loop based on my AFR gauge and the detail above (as from what I understand utlimate does not tune).

Should i be concerned but the health of my engine (to persue something to tune partial throttle) or is it not something I should worry about. Also, what thoughts do you guys have on the black box? Or would the greddy pressure sensor help some of that?

Cinderblock 10-30-2008 04:51 AM

um, i honestly wouldnt know yet, im still learning and researching all this tuning stuff. hopefully someone a lil more experianced pops in.
but your ecu adjust everything to a point in closed loop, so you should be ok, i may be wrong, but hey lol.