Notices

xA Turbo help

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 11:54 PM
5 Year Member

Question xA Turbo help

so i just bought a 2006 scion and I'm planing on putting a turbo in it i have basic knowledge of cars and all but i have never put performance parts on them before so this will be my first go around so forgive me for my ignorance.

OK I'm loOKing at turbos and i found somewhere on google that you lose you power steering and a/c. is that true?

also should i buy a kit or piece one together?

are there any drawbacks of having a turbo?
Old 03-24-2011, 08:43 PM
Banned
SL Member

First you need to ask yourself, if you are willing to build the motor. If not than your options are limited due to stock internals. So answer this first and you will get alot more response to what you need to do.

XBG
Old 03-24-2011, 09:10 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by xbgod
First you need to ask yourself, if you are willing to build the motor. If not than your options are limited due to stock internals. So answer this first and you will get alot more response to what you need to do.

XBG
yes I'm willing to but like i said i dint really have much experience with performance engines. am i going to have to completely replace the stock engine with a performance one? also if you could direct me to a website where i could read up on this kinda stuff because i dont wanna waste anyones time with noob questions.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:08 AM
Banned
SL Member

Ok, here you go.

This is a informational site that I started. Bare in mind it's still underconstruction but it has alot of info.

www.extremescionxb.com

To answer your question about the motor build. You don't need to buy a new one. Just have that one built. Rods, Pistons that will allow you to run a good turbo set-up.

XBG
Old 03-25-2011, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xbgod
Ok, here you go.

This is a informational site that I started. Bare in mind it's still underconstruction but it has alot of info.

www.extremescionxb.com

To answer your question about the motor build. You don't need to buy a new one. Just have that one built. Rods, Pistons that will allow you to run a good turbo set-up.

XBG

Your car is beautiful xbgod and this site is good reference. I'm going to bookmark it. Someday my engine internals will blow and I'll probably do something similar to what you've done. Cheers.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Banned
SL Member

Glad I could help.

The best way to have some fun without breaking the bank to much would be as follows:

1. Put in pistons and rods (Insure your motors longevity)
Cost: 1,500 plus labor

2. Get with Paul at Dezod and use a Garrett turbo and his kit. He has a good kit with everything you need to succed. Even has the AEM/FIC for fuel management.
Cost about 3,600 plus labor

This combination will allow you to have a great kit with good power and upgradeability when your ready for more.

or if you cant go this route than I say use the Blitz super Charger. lots of fun you can maintane stock internals and pick up about 35hp. Very reliable and mess of tubing or intercooler. And it sounds cool when its spooling up.

I used one for about a year and a half, was awsome.

Good luck guys. Keep us posted.

XBG
Old 03-28-2011, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Check w/ Paul on current kit availability. I have the 365 kit listed on the site, but it is not currently in production.

He listed an xA, not an xB. I believe the Greddy kit will still fit, but anything with an intercooler probably won't have xB piping fit the xA. On stock internals, my suggestion would be the Greddy turbo w/ Scion tC injectors, the optional pressure map sensor for eManage blue, and a shop tune. Keep it at stock boost (5 psi) and you won't have a problem on the engine. 8 psi and higher and you'll want bigger rods and stronger pistons.