Notices

XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield

Old 11-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield

Most of you know whats already involved with this build. The Xb is in the final stages of new turbo fitment and getting ready for wiring and Tune. This has been a long haul with countless hours of R&D and new prototyping. I've even moved the turbo upfront for better cooling. I'll show you that after we have it all together. Below is the new turbo with intercooler and the all new wrap up and around exhaust manifold. It's one of a two part fitment so I'll show the other piece later on when finished.

The turbo started life as PT5557 CTE with a few new mods from Precision; which included a back-cut to the inlet turbine wheel which is Forged -Billet. Expected hp to the motor, 600hp.

Intercooler is also from Precision

Wastegate and BOV are from Tial.

Just finished file fitting the rings to the correct gap for 28-40lb boost. Botttom end is about complete and Kaaz LSD is ready along with JUN Fly wheel and CM Full race clutch. Motor and Tranny are on the way to be married together and droped in next week.

Expected tune and numbers will be in late Dec.

World Power domination is close for this 1nz-fe motor.

XBG
Attached Thumbnails XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-068.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-071.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-069.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-039.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-20111029_125143.jpg  

Old 11-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Banned
SL Member

Injectors are 1000cc from Detschwerks and a 340lph fuel pump from Aeromotive along with a Aeromotive Regulator. Gotta feed the beast.

Also new exhaust is a 3" straight out, no resinator or cat. Just 3" Stainless all the way to my Skunk2 can.
Attached Thumbnails XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-11140-42_kit.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-13105.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-xa_b_2004_10_4d2e79af5225f_180x180.jpg  
Old 11-20-2011, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definitely wanna see how this turns out. Thought about just a 3" straight pipe? At 500hp would the muffler restrict flow much? A tc around your same hp sound amazing with just a 3" straight pipe. God forbid your behind it though..... you need ear plugs.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2011, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think im in love!! that header is amazing! cant wait to see it all installed
Old 11-20-2011, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It does look pretty bad ___. Is it from a company or a one-off kinda piece?

Old 11-20-2011, 01:39 AM
Banned
SL Member

The entire turbo system has been built around my needs and power requirements. The whole system is a one off set-up and design. This is my own personal set-up and not one I'm even considering duplicating for someone unless they got a bottomless Amex-Card.

I'll continue to share my photos and parts as new things unfold. We will Dyno this beast on a MD500 as usual. Here are some shots of my Haltech Standalone that will be utilized. With this Platimum 1000 I can control the VVTI, Trax-control, as well as all stock sensors and engauge my Nitrous and methanol at desired points of rpm. I can data log and do GPS configurations as well with this unit. My options are endless for tuning and logging.

XBG
Attached Thumbnails XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-haltech-platinum-sport-1000-2.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-iq3dash02.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-iq3dash01.jpg  
Old 11-20-2011, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This should be stickied for everyone looking for "boost on a budget" lol. I wasn't recommending any changes. Was just curious. Im thinking 3" w/ a muffler just because mines a DD and id rather not get pulled over cause of noise.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:47 AM
Banned
SL Member

Also, ignition is also Haltech. Using their CDI controller and LS1 Bosch coils with Knology Hot wires.
Attached Thumbnails XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-hpi8-1-614x313.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-ignition_coils_web1.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-nology.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-sensor.jpg  
Old 11-20-2011, 01:50 AM
Banned
SL Member

no worries. 3" on a turbo car with just a Skunk2 can sounds great not that loud at all. Now on a N/A car it would be awfull.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:56 AM
Banned
SL Member

Here's a block and head pic for those that are just chiming in.

Golden Eagle 78mm Sleeved
Port Flow Designs head with JUN cams and Ferrea +1mm oversized valves
Attached Thumbnails XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-golden-eagle-sleeves-2.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-100_4080.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-pf2.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-pf6.jpg  
Old 11-20-2011, 01:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It'd be like a honda civic.... no offense to honda owners out there (well maybe a little)

Edit* your pics of the valves/sleeves etc are awesome. This is gonna be one hell of a scion...

Old 11-20-2011, 02:10 AM
Banned
SL Member

Thanks dude. Here, this should make for a good conversation. My knif-edged super light weight crank with polished journals and teflon-impregnated rotating assembly.

The one on the left is stock. The one on the right is on a Jenny Craig diet with butter all over it!
Attached Thumbnails XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-1nzfe-crank.jpg  
Old 11-20-2011, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im just wondering when it comes down to tuning somthing this hevely moddifed is tuning like a day thing or is or over a period weeks or months of tuning?

bc i know how the haltech can have mulple maps put on it and how it has so meny fetures to use im just wondering if it takes alot of time on the dyno to set up?

also i imagin with the power you will be maken im guessing you will be doing a boost by gear set up right?
Old 11-20-2011, 12:23 PM
Banned
SL Member

Thats the beauty of Haltech, SOOO many features. It eliminates other electronics needed by, your methanol kit or Nitrous system. In the past most would need to set up their ECU first than introduce their meth kit and then use another device to activate the nitrous. Than you'd have to go back and remap part of the ECU and fine tune again to compinsate for the Methanol electronics that most meth kits come with as well as the nitrous. So tuning would take a better part of a day to tune.

This is not to say that using Haltech is going to make it any faster to tune with; Because it's not. It will however simplify things and cut down on extra wiring and other devices that would usually need to be factored in. (I.E) methanol or nitrous switch. But here is how we will aproach it:

Wire up the entire car with all accessories working and recheck to insure all is a go.

We will than start the tuning process by cranking the car over and get a good idle. We will than move on to normal tuning with the usual fuel maps but in this case also factor in the VVTI as this will aid in low end torque. Once we have established a good base we will then start to factor in the methanol at a predetermined boost level and adjust accordingly. Nitrous will not be factored in untill we have my normal *****-out street tune done. We will make a second map for my 100 shot which as most of you know require a fuel compinsation change. I don't plan on running nitrous alot, it's just their for added bling if I need it. (I hate filling bottles).

Once all of this is done on the dyno we will then move to the street for fine tuning and adjust things to my way of driving as well as set the trax-control.

Once complete on the street we will move back in for final dyno pulls, check the fuel maps and make anyother fine adjustments.

This process of tuning will take 3 days. (This does not include wiring)

This is a pretty big task so I've pulled out the big dogs for tuning help. I'm in luck this year by having Haltech coming to PRI in Dec. So Matt the head guy at Haltech will be coming to give a hand over at CFT.

My line-up is as follows:

Tuning at CFT on a MD500

Tunners invovled: Rolo (owner of CFT) Matt (Haltech) and a visit from Crispeed.

Timing was everything. Some how the stars have alligned.

I did mention some time ago about going to Ptuning for tuning this but this oportunity is to good to pas up.

XBG
Old 11-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Banned
SL Member

Here is a pic of my newly developed ventilation system thats going on the car.

I modified the valve cover to fit a after market fuel rail and radiused all the edges. Pushed out the steel niple and rethreaded for a #10AN and well I'm sure you can figure the rest out.
Attached Thumbnails XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-valvecover2.jpg  
Old 11-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Banned
SL Member

What we have holding it to the gound is as follows:

DSS Axels
Hotchkis sway-bars
Energy Suspension
Megan Full race double adjustable struts and shocks with adjustable camber plates.
Kaaz LSD
MC 4.5 series Clutch
JUN Fly wheel
Aerospace Components 13" Full floater front and rear disc brakes
Attached Thumbnails XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-33842944017_medium.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-33842944018_medium.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-33842944031_medium.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-compclutch.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-kaaz_solid_l_s_d_.jpg  

Old 11-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Banned
SL Member

A few more Pics
Attached Thumbnails XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-sany0062.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-stage-2-turbo-jun-flywheel-1.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-stage-2-turbo-jun-flywheel-4.jpg  
Old 11-21-2011, 01:00 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

so what do you think this build is gonna wind costing approximately?
Old 11-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Banned
SL Member

Depends on how you break it down.

But in total car thus far, with this build only: 70,000.00

It's more race car than street car. However it's legal in Florida which is where it's registered.

Now before I hear, you could have bought a .......for that much money! That wasn't the point nor do I care about the money or your 2 cents. This comment only applies to those that are going to say it>

If the shoe fits where it.

This is in no way pointed at you Sciond
Old 12-05-2011, 02:06 AM
Banned
SL Member

The one the only, first Wrap around equal length exhaust header and true 3" down pipe for the 1st gen XB. No more hiding it back behind the engine to make nothing but heat. Here we are out front and in your face!

This is my moc-up motor holding the new parts in place. Next week it's all business putting the real motor in and all the bling!
Attached Thumbnails XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-wrap-around.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-downpipe.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-exhaustmanifold.jpg   XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield-new-imter.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: XBG's 500+hp Turbo Build, parts Revield