Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Anti-theft radio, disconnecting battery?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Anti-theft radio, disconnecting battery?

I've been looking at a lot of instruction manuals for the installation of various accessories, and 9 times out of 10 they tell you to disconnect the ground wire on your battery. Sound advice.

They warn you however if you have an "Anti-Theft Radio" that you will need to punch in the code once you reconnect. If I'm using the 06 radio with ipod functionality do I need to worry about anything? I will lose my presets however right?
Old 08-08-2006, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

some aftermarket radios have a little theft code that you have to put in when it has become disconnected from the battery. (I think it's a joke anyway.) Factory stereo's wouldn't have this, and the aftermarket stereos only have them if you have set it up and programmed a code. You'll be fine. Go ahead and disconnect that battery...
Old 08-08-2006, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Seven City Scions
SL Member

yes... you'll have to enter all you presets again....
Old 03-17-2017, 10:36 PM

Default Radio Security code

Originally Posted by xa-minister
some aftermarket radios have a little theft code that you have to put in when it has become disconnected from the battery. (I think it's a joke anyway.) Factory stereo's wouldn't have this, and the aftermarket stereos only have them if you have set it up and programmed a code. You'll be fine. Go ahead and disconnect that battery...

My car had a dead battery and after being replaced its asking for a security code or disk that was registered when the car was purchased. I don't have any disc or a code. Ik.not able to use the radio gps or any function. I went to the dealership and they said it's $200 for the disk and takes 2 weeks to arrive. Is there anyway to bypass thus issue and reset it so I can use the system?