Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/)
-   -   this cant be good (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/cant-good-63433/)

Slags77 06-20-2006 05:51 AM

this cant be good

today it rained a lot and i noticed tonight when i was driving home my foot was soaking wet. somehow enough water got into my car to penetrate through my waterproof leather boots. :nails: i touched the floor near the gas pedal and it was saturated, so was the passenger side. when i turn the blower on i can actually hear water somewhere. but i cant tell if its coming out of the blower. the car has less than 20k. i noticed the floor was wet once before when it rained but never this bad. any body have this problem? ok thanks.

Short_Bus 06-20-2006 05:54 AM

I had the prob. on my pass. floor of my old civic.. I ended up having to have the seal around the winshield redone...

OldYeller 06-20-2006 05:55 AM

Did you ever have to replace your windshield? Not sure where else water could get in..............

Slags77 06-20-2006 07:47 PM

no i never replaced the windshield

GetCaughtDead 06-20-2006 08:00 PM

simple fix: let the dealership do it! lol! sounds like more than I'd want to tackle.

Scionpilot 06-20-2006 08:23 PM

have you checked the hose from where your a/c goes out too the outside? I found mine had come out and was draining into the car,

hypnospastic 07-11-2006 02:31 AM

I've noticed with my 06 xB that directly in the middle of the front passenger and driver sides there is a rubber plug. That plug, goes right up into the cabin of the vehicle so if it were to come loose or fall out, any rain water or puddle water will come right up into the car. Its sort of jenky of them to do that.

bB2NER 07-12-2006 07:52 AM

Your A/C drain hole could be pluged up with debris. You need to poke something up into it and see if you can get it to flow again. All the moisture that is suppossed to drain out from running the A/C is backed up inside the case. That is why your blower sounds funny. When I ran a radiator place way back, this was a common problem. Good luck! Hope this info helps. :bow:

Fujiz_xb 07-12-2006 02:27 PM

termites

Archngl 07-12-2006 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Fujiz_xb
termites

buahahahaha

uber-xA-RS2 07-12-2006 03:54 PM

I pulled my carpet up yesterday to install my stereo and found about a liter of water on my rear floor. My girlfriend hosed the car down while I sat inside and water was pouring in through the tail light. The tail light was so loose that the bolts took no effort to remove.

Now I have new carpet padding and the nuts on the light are now Loctite coated so they don't go anwhere.

Check to make sure your tail lights are not loose. :wink:

kkawana 07-12-2006 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by jethro_b
Your A/C drain hole could be pluged up with debris. You need to poke something up into it and see if you can get it to flow again. All the moisture that is suppossed to drain out from running the A/C is backed up inside the case. That is why your blower sounds funny. When I ran a radiator place way back, this was a common problem. Good luck! Hope this info helps. :bow:

ok.. as i've had similar trbl.. but have been too lazy to look yet... maybe this weekend...

WHERE is this A/C hole?? is it pretty obvious?? short of blinking light w/arrow saying "look here stupid"??

what does it look like

bB2NER 07-12-2006 07:45 PM

My Bad. I just went to find mine. The hose comes out the case inside the car and goes out a hole in the floor on the firewall just under where the firewall curves under. I couldn't touch mine from the top because of the strut bar. You can feel the hose from inside the car. It's about 6-8 inches right of the hump. You''l have to crawl under the car and shove a piece of wire up inside and move it around to open it up and let the water flow out. You might be able to just squeeze on the hose inside and get it to flow. Or just take it to the dealer and let them put it up on the lift and make sure the drain hole isn't plugged up.

kkawana 07-12-2006 08:17 PM

cool. thanks... thats the most info i've been able to find on this topic... other than "its under the dash passenger side"....

kevinjr03 07-12-2006 08:39 PM

A buddy of mine who also drives a xb had the same problem when he would turn on his AC for while. The hose that goes from a white box underneath the pass side dash to a hole in the floor was gone, so when it rained water would come through the hole and when the AC was on water would drip on the carpet. We just found a piece of rubber hose that fit and stuck it throught the hole and on to the white box and problem solved. The hole that goes through the floor can be found a little less than a foot away from the center on the passenger side kinda right where your left would be if you were sitting in the passenger side. You will see a cut in the carpet where the hose is supposed to go.

brambling 07-13-2006 03:23 PM

This is a known issue and Toyota issued TSB AC005-05 on September 13. 2005 about it.

For xB the production change effective VIN is JTLKT3#4#64033143

They added a clamp to the evaporator drain hose under the dash.

This is covered under 36 month/36,000mi warranty.

As far as drying it out, suck up the water with a shop vac, and if you have a room dehumidifer run it inside the car with the windows closed. I did this once when I left my windows down in the rain on my last car.

GetCaughtDead 07-13-2006 04:47 PM

x2. run the cord out through the door jamb and close everything up for a couple of hours.

teamneon 12-14-2007 01:58 PM

searching led me here.
wet carpet, only running heat and defroster.
talked to the scion parts mgr and he said first thing to check is the windshield. He said improper sealing of the windshield is a good cause. And most of the time people save money and DONT get a toyota windshield.
He also said check the ac drain hose, as defroster uses the a/c ?????
anyways, thanks for the more detailed explanation of where those hoses are.
off to check it out now!

jaysp55 12-16-2007 06:54 PM

That happened to me but with a chrysler..took it to the power wash got in to go home, turned on the heat, and what seemed like a gallon of water poored in the footwell:(