Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/)
-   -   CD Player Error 3 help please (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/cd-player-error-3-help-please-35464/)

EMGuitarist 09-25-2005 03:49 PM

CD Player Error 3 help please

Man, I have the scion six cd changer in my xB and after popping in a cd, it gave me an Error 3 and won't let me eject or insert any other cd's. I realize in the manual it says to take it in for a repair but right now that's not agreeing with my schedule. Anyone able to help me?

Yanki01 09-25-2005 04:53 PM

just get an aftermarket cd player, IDK about the 06' models? But when i got mine everytime i tried putting another cd in it gave me an error? so i pretty much just had 1 cd when i had a 6 disk changer? Its no use? you get the upgrade and then the damn thing wont work! i didnt want the hassel with taking it to the dealership and them telling me it will be about a week! i just said the hell with it and got an aftermarket cd player! /////Alpine! good luck?

EMGuitarist 09-25-2005 09:42 PM

man, I'd rather just fix it.

xnevergiveinx 09-26-2005 12:37 AM

bring it into the dealer

LoungeLizard 09-26-2005 12:41 AM

It's an internal failure in the player. Take it to the dealer and they will put a new one in there. Hope you are still under warrenty.

sciontc_mich 09-26-2005 06:07 AM

welcome to the famous error 3.. commonly known as "GET ANOTHER HEADUNIT FROM THE DEALER" :) okay that is all.. carry on..

sortskjebnen 10-03-2005 12:32 AM

Anyone know what an error 4 is? It seems like it's doing the same thing for my scion...

Yanki01 10-03-2005 01:28 AM

error 4 is the error is in the 4th disk!? the 6 cd changer for the scions are poop besides the first disk! all the other disk (2-6) arent worth the upgrade or $260 plus on your scion. alot of people in my area got the 6 cd changer in their scions and all have messed up! we've been to the dealer over 2 times each! Their not worth it! just get an ipod, saves money with buying cd's, and looks way kooler! im going to be getting the ipod nano! heard of alot of compliments from it. IMO?

sortskjebnen 10-03-2005 01:30 AM

The only thing with Ipods are the batteries... not only that I don't have the money for a 60GB to have my songs on it. I have tons of music so yeah....

Yanki01 10-03-2005 01:35 AM

then i guess just take it to the dealer to get a new one? the same problem is gonna be happening!

EMGuitarist 10-03-2005 01:48 AM

hey sorts,
before i had the error 3 which i can't fix, i got the error 4 and i found a way to get past it. if you tap the eject button as you start your car, it'll spit out a cd and you'll be all good.
that worked fine until i got an error 3.

kocho333 10-03-2005 02:09 AM

ive gotten error 2 which basically jus needed to reread the disk and error 4 that SOB...does that eject trick work wit the tc's hu also? or i guess its the samelol kinda sux drivin on the highway and havta keep turnin off ur car in the middle of the damn freeway jus to change cds!!!

EMGuitarist 10-03-2005 02:21 AM

uh. i wouldn't reccommend shutting off your car on the freeway. i'd say suck it up utnil you find an exit. and if you fix it once then it shouldn't keep doing the error 4. it usually worked for at least like 3 hours until it acted up again.
the error 3 is the mark of death. it simply can't be fixed.

sortskjebnen 10-03-2005 02:43 AM

I tried tapping it out but it decided to not do anything. For some reason when you hit eject it either turns the player off or it switches to FM... whichever you previously selected. IE Hit FM, then press disc, then press eject which then switches to FM. All I know is that it's ____ing me off...

EMGuitarist 10-03-2005 02:55 AM

i can't remember exactly what i did because this is back when my cd player actually operated.

for one thing, you have to be starting your car when you do it. maybe just hit it once as you're starting up your car.

OrAnGeBoX 10-03-2005 03:01 AM

Mine has been doing this for months and every time I have taken it in to the dealer they cant make the problem happen again. IF you turn the car off and turn it back on and hit eject all at the same time that should get it to work again.

OrAnGeBoX 10-03-2005 03:02 AM

Mine has been doing this for months and every time I have taken it in to the dealer they cant make the problem happen again. IF you turn the car off and turn it back on and hit eject all at the same time that should get it to work again.

webekyle 05-24-2010 05:02 AM

i tried everything mentioned above to get my discs out and its not working (error 4) I bought a Clarion VX400 to replace it but i want my CDs... once the old unit is removed from the dash, is it hard to perform surgery on to get to my discs? xD (im just gonna throw away the old unit)

Matt9876 08-28-2010 08:31 PM

Home burned MP3 CD became stuck.

First error code was #1 after awhile it changed to #3.

Used the edge of a second CD to gently turn stuck CD in player,repeated the hit eject button while starting car several times,press the "Disk" button and gave it a few moments to settle before pressing eject button.

After 5 mins of working on it out popped the stuck CD,replaced with store bought CD and everything works great :icon_smile: