Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Cigarette lighter socket removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 03:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Cigarette lighter socket removal

Hey guys, i think I fried my cigarette lighter socket since the fuse is good and I have 12v at the connector. My question is how to get it out of the hole. The big black plastic piece in the back of the console won't allow it to come out. Is there an assembly screw somewhere, that I'm missing?
second question would be if it's fixable and if not where would I get a new one hopefully cheap. I appreciate all the help in advance. Thanks.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
SuperMod

Have you pulled the lower dash panel out, the one with the 'bread box' and lighter in it? If so, can you post a picture of the plastic piece that's preventing you from moving the lighter socket?

From what I can tell there is the socket that would slide in from the front of the dash panel and then there would be a plastic collar, some of them are white and some are black in the pictures I looked at, that would slide onto the socket from the back and there is a small 'spring clip' that it would slide over and then be locked into place.

Here's the best picture I could find where you can see the 'spring clip'...and there may be one on the other side too.