Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Factory Bazooka Subs.....How much base do they really have?

Old 03-31-2005, 05:28 AM
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
Scion Evolution

Default Factory Bazooka Subs.....How much base do they really have?

I had a 2001 honda civic w/ two 500 watt subs in the trunk and now that I have my tC, it is just not the same. I want to install those subs but I dont want to give up my trunk space. Does anyone have the subs installed and how much bass do they really have? The dealer said they only had 100 watts of power.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member

i have the sub installed in mine. although itz only 100 watts as they say, it bumps pretty well in my opinion. but that is only one out of many haha. n yea it takes a really small part of ur trunk space.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get two of them and put one on each side...... Or even just have a shop build you some custom enclosures, one on each side. Go buy some subs and and amp, iam sure u know how to hook it up.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

moved...
Old 03-31-2005, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can put much better subs in the tC than the factory Bazooka. However, for ~$300 (if you buy it from McGeorge) you can't do any better. The tC Bazooka is much better than Bazooka tubes and Infinity Basslinks (I've owned all three.)

If you want more bass than the tC Bazooka and you still want to have a usable trunk, you'll have to spend considerably more money.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd say just have a shop fabricate a corver fiberglass ported enclosure for a single 12......might be a little more pricey.... but don't expect much if you get the factory bazooka...
Old 03-31-2005, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SCI_TC_GUY
I'd say just have a shop fabricate a corver fiberglass ported enclosure for a single 12......might be a little more pricey.... but don't expect much if you get the factory bazooka...
It will easily cost twice as much, and three or four times as much is not out of the question, depending on what driver and amp you go with.

You'd be lucky to buy a custom fiberglass enclosure (without driver, amp, wiring or installation) for the price of the tC Bazooka.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JasonH
You can put much better subs in the tC than the factory Bazooka. However, for ~$300 (if you buy it from McGeorge) you can't do any better. The tC Bazooka is much better than Bazooka tubes and Infinity Basslinks (I've owned all three.)

If you want more bass than the tC Bazooka and you still want to have a usable trunk, you'll have to spend considerably more money.
300? You can get a used Cadence Z1000 400 watt amp for 100 bucks, a memphis pr series sub for 80 and use the rest to build or buy a box. You can always do better.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SuperCrunchyAction
Originally Posted by JasonH

300? You can get a used Cadence Z1000 400 watt amp for 100 bucks, a memphis pr series sub for 80 and use the rest to build or buy a box. You can always do better.
ok, lets put it this way:

pros: pretty good bass extension for ported box (~28hz), not 'boomy' but rather well controlled, takes up (arguably) the least space in the hatch, has more than enough volume to fill the interior of a tC, factory warranty (if installed by dealer)

cons: does not play to 20hz, has _only_ 100W, expensive if installed by dealer

custom enclosure and vse sub: installation requires taking apart half the car to run wires

to sum it up, it complements the stock system very well. i consider myself a 'music lover' and am often sorely disappointed with factory sound systems (especially the 'premium' infinity and bose i have heard in caravan/camaro so you know what i'm comparing) but the stock system in the tC is actually quite good by itself with tweeters high in the doors and decent bass volume from front doors. But once you get going the bass gets kinda drowned out. the sub fixes that.