Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Factory upgrade ALPINE DVD w/ DUAL 7" MONITORS need hel

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hope you dont have the trouble that we all have the screen going out.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

you were missing teh top right and left plugs? when i had my RS3 HU i was only missing the top middle plug
Old 02-27-2009, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

The top left is the aux/ipod one that is in the pic that I posted and the cable looks to go inline with the lighter wiring. The top right I'll venture a guess that it is for the sterring controls, that your 05 doesn't have. Please post pics of the connectors on the "module"
Old 02-27-2009, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member

The wire on the left says "to 12v outlet" and the other one says "to vehicle harness"
Old 02-27-2009, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member

DJ Saprky you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is finally working!!! I appreciate everyone's help in helping solve the issue. Thanks a lot. Now my kids can leave me alone when I am driving hehehehehehe
Old 02-27-2009, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweet! Glad I could help.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:11 AM
5 Year Member

The Module usually goes (if you had a Scion) on the passenger side of the car (take out the glove box and mount to the exposed frame there.) The reason most of the monitors goes out is because of this module box (it was wired with a low grade wire and they eventually burn themselves out, from use and age, unable to power BOTH monitors at the same time, that's what I was told first, then it was the A/V Module itself) usually if you turn off and unplug one of the monitors, the other will work with no problems The Module is either $299 or $199 to replace it through the dealership and they won't let you just buy the module you have to buy the whole kit it comes with (as I haven't found one aftermarket or anything similar to it) Hence I haven't replaced mine. But I hope yours last for many years, and if able upgrade your wiring from the head unit to the module to the amp/headrests.

I have found out after working with Vizualogic on this problem (which they are a very, very helpful company and get back to you immediately via email with troubleshooting helps and descriptions), the module is sold through them and is compatible with the one that is used in the '06 xB RS 3.0 and you can order them for only $80 (tax +shipping). But upon discussing it further and using a multimeter upon their suggestion, it is that the power input at the module is NOT getting enough voltage running to it in order to power BOTH monitors (in which that isn't a module problem but a power problem). Has anyone else noticed a correlation between replacing the stock battery with a new store battery and that is when the headrests can't work at the same time. (thinking back on it, that is when I started having problems with my monitors was when my original stock battery started dying from age and replacing it with an AutoZone battery).

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-16-2018 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Further researching and troubleshooting with Vizualogic
Old 02-16-2013, 03:38 AM
5 Year Member

Default Question about Power to monitors

2006 Scion xB Release Series 3.0 come stocked with Alpine Stereo system/Ipod hookup and 2 in-headrest 7 in Vizualogic monitors to watch DVD's through the Alpine system. I never had a problem with power or slow start up with original battery till after 5 years at which time it was tested and deemed bad, then replaced with Autozone Battery with same cranking power of original battery. With the new battery still had a slow crank/start time, after a month the battery was so low to the point I had to use a charger to start. Went back to Autozone and replaced battery, they even tested my Alternator for the second time to see if that was the cause, it came back as Good. The second battery I still had a slow crank/start time but not nearly as bad. The main problem is ever since the new non-original batteries were placed in my car, I do not get enough power to power both headrest monitors at the same time, and still have a slow start time. What else could be the problem? I tested the power input at the A/V Module for the monitors it read it wasn't getting enough power to the boxes, which requires a minimum of 10 volts according to the Vizualogic Techs I have spoken to. Why would I have no problems with the power and start time with the original battery but with the NEW replacement battery I have been unable to use BOTH monitors at the same time? Do I need to get a much higher cranking power battery to lose this problem??? After 2.5- years of head scratching, brainstorming, discussion and Cussing at this problem I just want this fixed!

It makes NO SENSE! Please help.

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-16-2018 at 06:57 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:56 AM
5 Year Member

amber, if i understand what you are saying, the original battery things worked great until it was past its life then you replaced it with a comparable battery then the issues with the module started occurring. and you are wonder why one battery is different then another?

The issue may be two parts. ONE: the battery you got may have not been treated very well at the store. if it was sitting on the floor for a period of time, that battery may have been not good when you got it, or the amp hours of the battery are not the same as your original. the cranking power is really only used when turning your key or with cold weather starts. SECOND: the power issue may have always been there but had been made worse by having change the battery. The best solution for this may be to have a relay added to the power input of your module. this will help insure that the module has more direct current (and not sharing with any other functions of the car) to the battery.

hope it helps, good luck
Old 05-01-2013, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by malditoxb
DJ Saprky you are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is finally working!!! I appreciate everyone's help in helping solve the issue. Thanks a lot. Now my kids can leave me alone when I am driving hehehehehehe
So what was it that you had to do to make it work?