Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Firewall tips ?? (in fact any general car wiring tips) (TC)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Firewall tips ?? (in fact any general car wiring tips) (TC)

I currently have two wires (fogs, radar) going through the firewall under the drivers side of the dash, the first goes right through one of those nipple things in the firewall plug and is as right as hell, the other is about 1/8" off center and goes through a little hole.

Now, I'm wandering if there is a better way to do this?

Firstly the rubber plug under the drivers side is a pain in the @ss to get at, I'm wandering if there is a better solution rather than jabbing holes in it every time I want to run wiring for power or a switch or something. I thought I saw someone with what looked like plastic tubing going through the firewall - that seemed like a really good idea so I thought I'd find out if that is something common.

Are there any other automotive wiring tips/tricks that anyone would like to share.

On my list of electrical mods remains; interior neon, underbody LED, mac-mini carputer (and all associated wiring - winter project :-) ).
Old 09-19-2005, 10:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I take a razor blade and cut a small 'X' in the boot where the steering linkage goes through the firewall, then I wrap my wires around a coathanger and push them through. Works like a charm. I've used this on a lot of cars... good for stereo wires, gauge wires, etc.