Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/)
-   -   Got My Dual Halos! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/got-my-dual-halos-24294/)

FeeLTHeBuRN 05-02-2005 11:19 PM

Got My Dual Halos!

Yea and now that I got them I want to install them but What is up with the 3 yellow and 3 black wires. is that the power and the gound? those wires lead to the LED's any help would be appreciated.

hotbox05 05-02-2005 11:29 PM

yep those are for leds/halos just wire them to a switched power source or tap the power wires into the parking light's power on wire.

FeeLTHeBuRN 05-03-2005 12:17 AM

another question how do you actually put them on. I got 2 of the 4 screws out how do I get to the other 2?

hotbox05 05-03-2005 01:13 AM

ah yes , you need to remove the grill , the 4 two on each side screws holding the bumper on to the fender , then remove the two screws holding the top of the bumper onto the radiator support , after that you sort f peel / pull the top of the bumper out and away from the top corners carfule of the paint. then you will easily see and have access to the other 2 screws/bolts that hold the headlights in. and I know it sounds liek alot of work but trust that it's quite easy everything is 10 or 12 mm or phillips screwdriver

FeeLTHeBuRN 05-03-2005 03:44 AM

well after much toil and frustration I finally got them on and running. All but the LED part of it. How do you hook them up to go on with the parking lights. did you splice it with one of the wires from the orange parking bulb. If so what was the color of the cord because I don't have a current detector.

hotbox05 05-03-2005 06:42 AM

i dont remember the color but yes i just spliced it , lemme go out and check what color if i can see down in there.

boostedscion 05-03-2005 08:09 AM

use the splice adaptors.. Easy install

FeeLTHeBuRN 05-03-2005 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by boostedscion
use the splice adaptors.. Easy install

Splice Adaptors? Where do you get those?

Originally Posted by hotbox05
i dont remember the color but yes i just spliced it , lemme go out and check what color if i can see down in there.

Thanks

Fujiz_xb 05-03-2005 02:53 PM

welcome to the club.. a buddy of mine wired them so the the led's and halos are running as the parking lights and the turn signals turn on only when you turn the turn signals on. he also wired the fog lights to run seperate from the running lights..im not sure how he did it but it a killer setup.

FeeLTHeBuRN 05-03-2005 03:12 PM

sounds like I am going tohave the same type of setup. my halos leds on with the running lights and my headlights and fogs on when I turn on my head lights.

I went driving around last night after I got them on and they are BRIGHT!! My friend was driving ahead of me for experimental purposes and he was a good 100ft ahead and he still said hy high beams were blinding with the mirror flipped! I love these things. Just gotta get my led's wired and grounded.

Oh yea did you ground them to the body of the car, the battery, or is there a ground where you hook it up for the running lights?

Fujiz_xb 05-03-2005 03:47 PM

^^^ i didnt do it..i was talking and not paying attention..sorry

FeeLTHeBuRN 05-03-2005 03:54 PM

Ha ha...The last line in my paragraph:

Originally Posted by FeeLTHeBuRN
Oh yea did you ground them to the body of the car, the battery, or is there a ground where you hook it up for the running lights?

Was for Hotbox05 or Boostedscion

hotbox05 05-03-2005 09:07 PM

i grounded to the body.

FeeLTHeBuRN 05-03-2005 10:07 PM

that's what I was planning on just to save the splicing. Speaking of which did you find out what color wire you hooked your led's into?