Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Stock seats help - Where does this connect to? (pic)

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Stock seats help - Where does this connect to? (pic)

Hi guys,

I'm installing some stock seats in my xB (bought it used w/ aftermarkets), and I'm wondering if someone can tell me where this wire connects? It's the black connector under the driver's seat:

Does this connect to the seat somehow? (I figured out the big grey connector under the driver's seat, and also the connector on the passenger side that connects to the port on the front of the passenger seat, but I can't figure out where this one goes.)

(I'm assuming this is why my airbag light is on... )

Thanks for your help!!
Old 09-24-2008, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I think you just answered your own question...airbag connector but I thought it was supposed to be yellow?
Old 09-24-2008, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Metro273
I think you just answered your own question...airbag connector but I thought it was supposed to be yellow?
Okay, but how do i connect it? Where do I connect it in order to get my irbag light to turn off? Does it connect to the seat? To the chassis? help!
Old 09-24-2008, 04:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

The airbag harnesses are always yellow I think. My guess is its for the seatbelt sensor that connects to the buckle>>>it senses whether you're wearing your seatbelt or not, and likely throws an SRS light too if it's disconnected/malfunctioning. Can you check if you have your seatbelt sensor connected?

Other than that, it could be the seat position sensor.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The seatbelt sensor looks good. (It's also working, and knows whether or not the selt belt is fastened.)

So tracing the wires, it goes from the seat belt release into a big grey connector. The "mystery wire" meets up with the wire from the seat belt release into the same grey connector. I have the grey connector mated to its other half, which sticks out from under the carpeting, next to the jack, under the driver seat:

(Excuse the poor pic, it was taken tonight with a flashlight).

I still don't know where the "mystery" wire with the black connector goes though. (And my airbag light is still on.)

What worries me is that I know on the passenger side, there are wires with connectors that acutally clip onto the passenenger seat itself...(near the front). I searched the driver's seat back and forth with a mirror but can't fnd any connectors built in anywhere (much less ones that look like they meet with the black connector.)

Does anyone know if there's supposed to be wires that connect to the driver's seat, other than the seatbelt wire?

Or any sure-fire ways to reset the airbag light?
Old 09-24-2008, 10:19 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

There should be a connector under the seat attached to the bottom of the seat on the in side (near the center console) and yes that is the seatbelt/airbag sensor. it tell the ecu when you are wearing your seatbelt and how far back the seat is so that it won't fire the airbag if you are too close.

Slide the seat all the way back, and look again, you should see them.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Well that leaves the driver seat position sensor. You said this is a used xB w/ aftermarket seats. I suspect the orig. owner took it out and installed it onto the aftermarket driver's seat. That's what I did when I installed my sparcos to disable the SRS light.

Look under your seat for that seat position sensor. If there's absolutely nothing else under there, then the previous owner took it out. I hope you find it though. Do you still have the aftermarket seats when you first bought your car? Check underneath. If it's not there, call up the seller.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

***Mystery Solved!!*** :D

A member on another forum helped me by tracing his, and found out that the connector is on the seat under the plastic side molding, facing the door.

Sure enough, i looked under the molding and there it was. The best part is, after connecting it, no more airbag light! :D :D I'm so relieved!!

Thanks everybody for your help!