Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/)
-   -   How to Adjust the Shock Sensor in a Code Alarm System (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/how-adjust-shock-sensor-code-alarm-system-13053/)

Nathant888 11-19-2004 01:26 AM

How to Adjust the Shock Sensor in a Code Alarm System

I just got the Deluxe Remote Start LCD Code Alarm Security System. When I dropped it off at Circuit City they did not ask me how sensitive I wanted the shock sensor. I got it back and I have the punch the upper valence panel extremly hard to get the car to react. How do I adjust this? I would like to to react if someone tried to key my car, which it doesn't.

Any advise would be nice
-nt

t0p_sh0tta 11-19-2004 03:35 AM

Find the shock sensor. and there should be a small set screw that you can adjust on it.

Nathant888 11-19-2004 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by t0p_sh0tta
Find the shock sensor. and there should be a small set screw that you can adjust on it.

lol, I have been diging around in my engine bay and cannot find the dam thing. I may just take it back the CC this weekend..

-nt

renone 11-19-2004 03:38 AM

open door... turn ignition on... hold valet switch til it beeps 3 times... press 2 more times til it beeps 5 times...option once... and it'll beep once... this is foroption again is for full trigger and use the lock for more and unlock for less prewarn... lock for more sensitive... unlock for less...

renone 11-19-2004 03:39 AM

no ext shock sensor its internal done in programing

CRxB 11-19-2004 08:04 AM

yup but I would recommend getting an external shock sensor for it cause the CA-425 is really tempermental with their shock sensor. now if you really want to make your car go off or do the warn away(keying your car) I would invest in a proximity sensor...

hope this helps,

Nathant888 11-19-2004 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by renone
open door... turn ignition on... hold valet switch til it beeps 3 times... press 2 more times til it beeps 5 times...option once... and it'll beep once... this is foroption again is for full trigger and use the lock for more and unlock for less prewarn... lock for more sensitive... unlock for less...

When you say "option once" what do you mean?

-nt

renone 11-19-2004 09:33 PM

optinon on the remote opt..

Nathant888 11-20-2004 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by renone

This is foroption again is for full trigger? Can you clarify.. Sorry to keep bugging, just want to make sure I am not messing anything up..

-nt

renone 11-20-2004 04:01 PM

option is a button on the remote either keypad will do ....
there are two setting on the shock sensor one being "warn away" the other being full trigger (alrarm goes off) i suggest going 4 steps in between settings ar else the alarm will chirp "warn" every few secs if the settings are to close
option toggles you between warn away and full trigger you have to adjust each
sorry not to clarify earlier...
did they not give you a owners manual ?

renone 11-20-2004 04:05 PM

wow i just read how bad my typing is when i drink
sorry