Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Installing PIE TOY03-AUX in '05 tC

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 08:13 PM
5 Year Member

Default Installing PIE TOY03-AUX in '05 tC

Hi, I've been reading the forums and think I want to get a TOY03-AUX installed in my tC for my portable MP3 player. I've got the stock Pioneer T1804 single-disc head unit with the factory-installed Bazooka sub.

I am strictly a novice at this sort of thing, the only other thing I've done before was to replace the power antenna in my Z. I'm hoping this should just be a matter of removing the center panel, pulling the head unit out, plugging the aux unit into the back of the head unit, and putting everything back. My question is, is this something I can do myself, or should I forget it and get it installed professionally?

I'm not even sure how to take the panel (or panels) off or where to plug in the aux unit, since I can't find any tC documentation anywhere.

If I get it installed, can anyone recommend a shop in the Silicon Valley (San Jose) area?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 10-23-2004, 08:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PM JT (coasterlvr), he can probably help you out with the MP3 adapter as he sells them and had one hooked up to his stock radio similar to what you are looking for now. As for as I can tell, it's plug and play and you should be able to do this yourself assumingly you find out how to take the radio out first. There are many people who have switched their head units in there tC so I'm sure that someone must've posted the procedures to remove your radio. :D
Old 10-25-2004, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member

It's very easy to do. I'm an amateur when it comes to this stuff, and I installed the TOY03-AUX in my tC in order to hook up my XM, and it was pretty simple. You want to make sure you have a 1/8th" to RCA cable ready to run from where you want to put your mp3 player to where ever you decide to mount the TOY03-AUX. I mounted mine on the heater area behind the head unit using some 3M dual-lock (so it's removable). I then ran the headphone-jack cable to a hole I made in the top of the little cubby area. It's nice and clean. I'll post picks one of these days....