Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Interest: Harness Bar (colrs available)

Old 01-27-2006, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Interest: Harness Bar (colrs available)

Here for a feeler for a new MOTOR FX product: Scion xB Harness Bars!

these are very custom and doesnt hinder the ingress or egress of the rear passengers

price goal under $400

any questions feel free to ask

spy shots we did off a subaru, it will pretty much look like this powder coated black

thanx
-coi-
Old 01-27-2006, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

brackets in the middle coi? any chance they can be put on the sides?
Old 01-27-2006, 11:47 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats just for the racing style 5 point safety harness right
Old 01-28-2006, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by -Keith-
brackets in the middle coi? any chance they can be put on the sides?
they are put in the middle so it doesnt get in the way of the passengers goin in and out the back seat, and it actually adds more rigidity with the bars in the middle it only hold half the bar, not the full bar if u know what im sayin

hornet, yes these are for 4 or 5 point racing harnesses

thanx
-coi-
Old 01-28-2006, 12:07 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its another O.S. bar for the rear passengers
Old 01-28-2006, 12:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

way TOO expensive. these things are cheap and easy to make they are worth no more than 200.00 it's a shame i love em.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if the price was around $200.00 that would be great! $400.00 is way to much.

John
Old 01-28-2006, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if the price was around $200.00 that would be great! $400.00 is way to much.

John
Old 01-28-2006, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^I concur...
Old 01-28-2006, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Notice he said less than $400. And if you look on EBAY, a Sparco harness bar costs $380. These bars will be less than $380. And it is impossible to make a harness bar $200.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I fabricate for a living and retail for 10' of 1.5" .120 wall tubing is $17.67, 4 tabs are $20 or less, + hardware and misc. stuff, and assuming you used all 10' it would still only cost about $50-$60 to build, $140-150 is a lot to charge for labor for a few bends and a few welds. Anymore than $200 is too much. Your profit may not be super high, but neither is your labor involvement.

I don't mean to be rude, but it sure is possible to make these fore around $200.
Keith
Old 01-28-2006, 02:45 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

OK point well taken, but have u actually MADE this bar thats pictured above?
i mean its 1 big bar, 2 small bars, end links, brackets and powder coating

if you can mke these for $60 each powder coated fitted and track proven! let me know ill buy 10 of you NOW?

if not my price on this i said was UNDER $400 and i will be sellin em at $350

thanx
-coi-
Old 01-28-2006, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

coi hit me up when u get this wanted to talk to uabout it =P
Old 01-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by xKEITH760x
I fabricate for a living and retail for 10' of 1.5" .120 wall tubing is $17.67, 4 tabs are $20 or less, + hardware and misc. stuff, and assuming you used all 10' it would still only cost about $50-$60 to build, $140-150 is a lot to charge for labor for a few bends and a few welds. Anymore than $200 is too much. Your profit may not be super high, but neither is your labor involvement.

I don't mean to be rude, but it sure is possible to make these fore around $200.
Keith
Just wondering, would you use a jig to make the bends consistent, and who has the machine to do it? And the saw to make the angled cuts for welding the tabs onto the bar.

If you can make some for that price, I'd buy at least 10 also, if its of the same quality and uses the same quality Heim joints and such. Of course I'd have to see them in person first. And they do come powdercoated right?
Old 01-29-2006, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by squirrel

Keith
Just wondering, would you use a jig to make the bends consistent, and who has the machine to do it? And the saw to make the angled cuts for welding the tabs onto the bar.

If you can make some for that price, I'd buy at least 10 also, if its of the same quality and uses the same quality Heim joints and such. Of course I'd have to see them in person first. And they do come powdercoated right?
Good points but im with Brad all that for under 200... Im there too buying some to sell
Old 01-29-2006, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

As said, I fabricate for a living. Now to answer the questions. You could use a jig to make the bends consitent and that works 100%. We use a pro-tools.com tubing bender with degree rings and software to bend our metal, so there is no real need for a jig, get your measurements and angles and bend. A jig would help if we were making a multiple piece cage the needed to be welded together. As for the saw, you are refering to a horizontal band saw, and yes it will make angled cuts. I do not see any heim joints on that bar, but we do get them from a distributor at a fair price. Powder coating is a good way to go, and at this point we can only do about 1.5'x1.5" piece, but we are looking to update our oven for larger pieces. The most common way we would do it would be to paint them to match the car, a much cleaner look and with the right paint and clear, no real problems. In the little time we have we are working on a 4 point cage for the xB, more info on that when it gets closer to being finished.
Keith
Old 01-29-2006, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

As said, I fabricate for a living. Now to answer the questions. You could use a jig to make the bends consitent and that works 100%. We use a pro-tools.com tubing bender with degree rings and software to bend our metal, so there is no real need for a jig, get your measurements and angles and bend. A jig would help if we were making a multiple piece cage the needed to be welded together. As for the saw, you are refering to a horizontal band saw, and yes it will make angled cuts. I do not see any heim joints on that bar, but we do get them from a distributor at a fair price. Powder coating is a good way to go, and at this point we can only do about 1.5'x1.5" piece, but we are looking to update our oven for larger pieces. The most common way we would do it would be to paint them to match the car, a much cleaner look and with the right paint and clear, no real problems. In the little time we have we are working on a 4 point cage for the xB, more info on that when it gets closer to being finished.
Keith
Sooo you can't make them for $200 is what your saying with teh specs stated.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:49 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

xB rollbar on a harness bar thread, shameless plug, shady business tactic is all i see

i still want to see your $200 harness bar, make sure it looks like the one pictures above with the same RACE PROVEN quality we are offering

thanx
-Coi-
Old 01-29-2006, 02:59 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Keith
Keith,

The one I have IS powdercoated and DOES have Heim joints.

See:

And what fabricating I know how to do, I usually have some sort of jig to make sure everything is square or lines up properly.

And its not good to threadjack a site sponsor!

And you can search my posts about why cages are not good for xB that are driven on the street.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Sorry I didn't catch that second picture, my computer from time to time has a problem loading JPEGS. Your Bar looks good. Just trying to state the facts on the prices of material to build one. End of jacking. sorry.
Keith

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interest: Harness Bar (colrs available)