Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/)
-   -   Looking for 12 volt Christmas lights :) (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/looking-12-volt-christmas-lights-115746/)

HondAudio 09-29-2007 07:00 AM

Looking for 12 volt Christmas lights :)

Does anybody know where to get some Christmas lights I can put inside my xB? Ideally I'm looking for something I can plug into the cigarette lighter. Incandescent bulbs or LEDs are fine, as long as it's colorful and festive :)

CBSIMONSEZ 09-29-2007 09:07 AM

Why not just use a power inverter. I have one hard wired to my battery and it sits under my passenger seat. And now i see that GE is making LED Xmas lights .. which i believe draw less current. Meaning you can string more together.

CBSIMONSEZ 09-30-2007 10:15 PM

I was in WallyWorld today, and they are starting to set up for their Xmas displays already. I was shocked at the brightness that the LEDs are giving off. They claim that they use 90% less power to run, and last for 25K hours or more. Here again, i would just hard wire an inverter to the battery and run a set or 2 inside the car.

The LED lights were made by Sullivan, not GE and they didnt have prices on them as of yet.

bB2NER 10-01-2007 09:09 PM

For 12V Christmas lights your best bet would be to search out RV accessory places.

XenosoniK 11-17-2007 03:22 AM

Thought I'd necropost since the answer is not as readily available as I thought it would be...

Does anyone know where to get 12v christmas lights? 120v LED christmas lights are available almost everywhere now so if someone knows how to change it so that it will work on a 12v circuit, that would work too!

bB2NER 11-17-2007 04:25 AM

Try truckstops and some retailers will carry battery powered Christmas lights. Good luck in your search.

PS: have you searched out some RV accessory places yet. I'm quite sure they will carry them considering how huge the RV industry is. I'm going to start my search now.

XenosoniK 11-17-2007 06:21 AM

I'll do a little research too, thanks.

I've seen many battery powered led light sets at my local retailers. I'm particularly interested in a 12v set because i want to wire it in with the LEDs that are hooked up to my dome light. Only 'cause I don't like having to flip a switch to show off my lights. I just hit the unlock button on my remote and my car lights up. :)

Anyways, let me know if you find anything and I will do the same.

bB2NER 11-17-2007 06:47 AM

Just did a google search and found many links to 12 volt stuff. I like the ropes cause you can pick the length you want. I'd get more Christmas lights for mine if I actually got to drive it more during the season. This time of the year it mostly sits in the garage and only gets exercised on nice days like today was.