Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Looking to install my own Keyless Entry system...Have ??'s

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member

Default Looking to install my own Keyless Entry system...Have ??'s

I have installed a few alarms before but it has been a few years so I still remember the basics....However I do not have access to as much electrical info about cars that I used to...Can I just buy a keyless entry kit and hook it up, or do the Xa's require any additional relays or anything....Do the locks have a positive or negative trigger? I am an idiot when it comes to relays and all that....I just want the system to lock and unlock the doors flash the parking light and turn on the dome light....just the standard stuff. Can someone tell me about their experience in installing RKE on a Scion Xa? Thanks.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

door locks are positive triggers and no u wont be needing a relay for that...but you will be needing a relay if you want flashing parking lights on a regular Keyless entry system...however if u get an alarm like black widow, clifford, viper, etc...you wouldnt need a relay...
Old 06-10-2005, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To be honest bro, you might as well get an alarm. Only talking a few bucks more than a keyless entry system, and you'll get the features you'll need. To each his own, make your own decision. The install requirements are about the same either way, just quite a bit more wires to T-Tap in an alarm install.