Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Need advice on Pioneer harness

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Need advice on Pioneer harness

I'm moving my Pioneer DEH-3400UB stereo out of my 2006 xA and into my 2006 xB. I've had a couple of other 2006 xB's, but this one and the xA were the only two to have stereo controls on the steering wheel.

When I hooked up the xA, I didn't pay much attention to it and the steering wheel controls didn't work. Now I'm on my third xB, and I like to get the steering wheel controls to work.

I've attached a photo of the back of the Pioneer and a photo of the wire connectors in the dash. The wiring harness I have works -- going from the plugs circled in green -- but I haven't found anything for the steering wheel controls circled in blue.

I've read several posts recommending various harnesses, but none that specifically address my situation. Any insight would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Need advice on Pioneer harness-deh-3400ub_rear.jpg   Need advice on Pioneer harness-radiowires_zps79abc0e8.jpg  
Old 07-06-2017, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
SuperMod

I'd say start at Crutchfield as they usually give a great breakdown of the parts needed, including any specific harnesses to maintain the steering wheel controls.