Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/)
-   -   New Amp Recomendation for XB (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/new-amp-recomendation-xb-219902/)

mcnurse ygl 12-18-2012 01:00 AM

New Amp Recomendation for XB

Hey everyone,
Total noob here in regards to ICE or any car related matters so I'm asking for help in the purchasing of a new amp. For Christmas I bought myself the following: Pioneer AVH - X1500 DVD and Ctx65cs - Image Dynamics 6.5 Component Speaker System. I know I need an amp but I'm not sure which one to buy. My friend suggested the Rockford Fosgate R250 4 watt 4 channel amplifier and it looks good on paper but I'd like to know what you feel. FYI my budget for an amp is 120 max the rockford cost 80 dollars

buickid 12-18-2012 02:26 AM

Rockford is a good brand. Their Prime line is their low-end line, for what thats worth. That said, I have no experience with that line or particular product.

For value, I prefer Pioneer's offerings. Sonic Electronix has the Pioneer GM-6500 4 channel for ~$135 with free shipping in the 48 states. I have the two channel version of that amp, great amp. Clean sound, great power. Their TS-D1720C 6.5" component set is also exceptional for the money.

mcnurse ygl 12-18-2012 11:06 PM

Thanks Buickid for the piece of mind.
I ended up buying the amp today!

buickid 12-19-2012 03:21 AM

Sweet, the Rockford?

mcnurse ygl 12-26-2012 06:36 PM

I ended up getting the Kenwood Kac-8405 720-Watt 4/3/2-Channel Amplifier. The Rockford sold out and this amp had better reviews. Any idea on where I can install? Don't want to take it to best buy. Should I ask the forum if they can install my speakers headunit and amp?

nguyener 12-26-2012 07:11 PM

That should be a nice amp. I have the kac9105 running two jl10w3's. Never even gets hot! Where are you located? It wont let me view your profile from my phone.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

mcnurse ygl 12-26-2012 08:46 PM

I'm from Arcadia, Ca. Cities close to me are West Covina and Pasadena

buickid 12-28-2012 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by mcnurse ygl (Post 4077934)
I ended up getting the Kenwood Kac-8405 720-Watt 4/3/2-Channel Amplifier. The Rockford sold out and this amp had better reviews. Any idea on where I can install? Don't want to take it to best buy. Should I ask the forum if they can install my speakers headunit and amp?

If you've got a modest amount of mechanical ability, know the ABCs of DC electricity (basically positive and negative) and a willingness to learn, you should be able to hook it up. Its not too difficult. But, if you have trouble holding the right end of the screwdriver, or end up putting the batteries in the remote in backward... you might want to have someone do it. There are plenty of resources online to guide you, and the xB is pretty straightforward, nothing particularly tricky. Best bet is a car audio/security show that doesn't have only high schoolers working for them. Otherwise you're probably better off doing it yourself anyway.

mcnurse ygl 12-29-2012 09:49 PM

Alright I'm willing to learn. I'm pretty handy with tools and wouldn't mind installing the stereo system myself. Things is I have two component speakers with tweeters, a head unit, and amp. I have a couple of questions. Any additional/special wiring I'll need for the amp to connect to the head unit and speakers? Can I just use the same wires for the speaker? If you could direct me to the DIY stereo install that would be great.

mcnurse ygl 12-29-2012 09:51 PM

I just saw the DIY page smh. I'll read up on it when I have a little more time.