Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

New audio upgrades 2morrow! *updated*

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member

Default New audio upgrades 2morrow! *updated*

Just felt like sharing my excitement about getting some new audio upgrades tomorrow to my TC! I'll be replacing my front speakers with Infinity 6.5" component speakers which will be powered by an Infinity 4-channel reference series amplifier. I'll also use the amp to power my factory-installed bazooka sub.

Eventually I plan to get new rear speakers as well as a separate sub amp, but I'm doing things in steps right now as it's too hard to shell out so much money at once lol

Here's the links to the speakers and amp:

Speakers: http://www.infinitysystems.com/carau...er=REF&Cat=COS

Amp: http://www.infinitysystems.com/carau...er=REF&Cat=AMP

I'll update with pics and a review tomorrow evening when it's all installed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I got the amp n speakers installed today and holy cow, MUCH better than stock. The audio quality is much cleaner and even at high volumes I haven't heard any breakup or fuzz. I'm definitely satisfied with my new upgrades...

BUT the Bad news is that something happened during the install and now the passenger window control on the driver's side isn't working, and the automatic up and down function of the passenger window doesn't work. The passenger control still works (except for the automatic function). So now I'm going to have to schedule an appointment with my dealer to have the connections and wiring checked out to see what the hell is wrong...anyone have any idea?
Old 07-16-2005, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good stuff. I just put two 12" Infinity Reference Subs powered by a Rockford Fosgate 551s amp. To say the least, it KNOCKS, haha.