Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Scion xA Front Door Component Wiring????? HELPPPP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 03:47 AM
5 Year Member

Smile Scion xA Front Door Component Wiring????? HELPPPP!!!

Ok so I installing CDT 6.5 in. components and tweeters into my xA. The question I have are where do i run speaker wire through and do anybody have links to current sites that build custom mounting rings??? I am not a noob to sound and have wired everything myself just need someone's experience to save time!!! Thanks so much!!!

PS I have searched the forum too!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:50 AM
5 Year Member

Oh also I have the RS 3.0 Scion xA.....if that helps and I have a Eclipse nav Double Din HU 62D that is hooked up with all new speaker wire to all four doors ran by a MB quart 4.8, and a 12" obsidian DVC....ran by a RE audio monoblock underated at 1800w...
Old 12-11-2012, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

U need to run the wires the same way the factory did. From the body panel thru the black tube that runs into the door. What i use to do to thread thru the wire are HVAC white plastic zip fasteners. Similar to the wire cable ties but about 18" long for the aluminum round tube HVAC air vents with some kind of lube such as WD40. They are cheap + work better than wire hanger/more flexible and can be picked up at any home depot or Lowes.

To get right generic mounting rings , i would get them thru Crutchfield stereo + speak to a order rep. There maybe different ring or depth size for your 6 1/2 speaker to fit. So u want to get the correct size + not to just buy what u think fits.
or
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i...ion-rings.html

Good luck.......
Old 12-12-2012, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by futbolcrazy9
Ok so I installing CDT 6.5 in. components and tweeters into my xA. The question I have are where do i run speaker wire through and do anybody have links to current sites that build custom mounting rings??? I am not a noob to sound and have wired everything myself just need someone's experience to save time!!! Thanks so much!!!

PS I have searched the forum too!
To graduate from noob status, you should know how to run wires from the car to the door. But its quite simple on our cars. Take the kick panel off, and you'll see the wire harness coming out of the door into the vehicle through the rubber boot. If you pop the boot off from body of the vehicle, it'll be a little easier to work with. Like someone else suggested, a large cable tie can be used to "fish" the new wires through. You may have to remove some tape that they apply to the boot from the factory to get the wire through. You can make your own MDF mounting rings with a router, or order some of the plastic ones online. The MDF rings will have better acoustic properties though. Long ago, I saw someone selling MDF rings on eBay, but again, that was a while ago. A local stereo shop should be able to cut you some if you take them your speaker.

Oh also I have the RS 3.0 Scion xA.....if that helps and I have a Eclipse nav Double Din HU 62D that is hooked up with all new speaker wire to all four doors ran by a MB quart 4.8, and a 12" obsidian DVC....ran by a RE audio monoblock underated at 1800w...
I'm a huge RE fan, but if its late model amp, its most likely overrated rather than underrated. RE's amps are quite meh, in my opinion. Good drivers though! (See my sig!) Also, you just said that you have new wire run to all four doors... So what is it that you're asking for help with?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

someone at Crutchfield recently told me, in the xA it isn't realistically possible to install 6.5" speakers in the front or back locations in the doors (mounting depth of speaker issue).

Is this true or false ? I'd like to do a 6.5" component on the front, and possibly a 5.25 on the back doors (all voice matched of course) . Please advise.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:16 PM
5 Year Member

Ok so I did install my 6.5 components and running speaker wire through the boot is the worst thing I have done on my car for car audio.....lol So whoever said that 6.5 components are too deep they are lying. Yes you need to saw out the old speakers or make new mdf rings to mount it. I have found that the cone of the components hit the inside door panel if turned up to loud lol. So i sanded it down. Also my tweets fit perfectly without modification to the tweet covers. And ya I love my RE audio amp... its drivers are some of the best in the business and for a hatchback who needs a 3500 to 4000 amp pushing a dvc sub of good quality unless you wanna blow out your back window lol. I can post some pics if you need them. Also closing up the gap in the middle panel of the door helps the mids become clearer with less panel resonance...
Old 12-28-2012, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok so I did install my 6.5 components and running speaker wire through the boot is the worst thing I have done on my car for car audio.....lol So whoever said that 6.5 components are too deep they are lying. Yes you need to saw out the old speakers or make new mdf rings to mount it. I have found that the cone of the components hit the inside door panel if turned up to loud lol. So i sanded it down. Also my tweets fit perfectly without modification to the tweet covers. And ya I love my RE audio amp... its drivers are some of the best in the business and for a hatchback who needs a 3500 to 4000 amp pushing a dvc sub of good quality unless you wanna blow out your back window lol. I can post some pics if you need them. Also closing up the gap in the middle panel of the door helps the mids become clearer with less panel resonance...
Yeah, who needs 4000W.... I've got 6500W ;)