Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/)
-   -   SiriusXM antenna install? Anyone around? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/siriusxm-antenna-install-anyone-around-237134/)

NYCxB 04-11-2019 09:17 PM

SiriusXM antenna install? Anyone around?

Decided to put in a new unit in the xB that has CarPlay, hands free, etc.

Got a Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX.

When I bough the xB new, it is just the stock Pioneer with CD, no XM, etc.

Issue I am anticipating is running the wire from the front to the back. Can't seem to find anything on it.

Looking to install as it was then, on the back passenger side.

Doubtful will get a response in time, but if you know, please share.

​​​​​​​Thanks!

*Moved to Correct Forum by Administrator

Sticky Where to Post Your Question

Sticky How To Advanced Search SL (Scion Life)

MR_LUV 04-11-2019 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by NYCxB (Post 4293452)
Decided to put in a new unit in the xB that has CarPlay, hands free, etc. Got a Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX. When I bough the xB new, it is just the stock Pioneer with CD, no XM, etc.

Issue I am anticipating is running the wire from the front to the back. Can't seem to find anything on it. Looking to install as it was then, on the back passenger side. Doubtful will get a response in time, but if you know, please share.​​​​​​​Thanks!

This is all I can find:

Antenna Location..

I'm not sure if this was what you were looking for.

Hope it Helps,

MR LUV

NYCxB 04-12-2019 03:18 PM

Thanks.

No.

Way back when, Scion had a Sirius or XM install kit (this was back when they were separate services). Looking on how best to run the wire from the head unit to the back and place in on the passenger side back.

Lot of links on the board go nowhere by the way.

Big_Jim 04-12-2019 04:22 PM

If you're installing an XM antenna, why not just put it on the top edge of the passenger side dashboard? I had mine there with no issues.

Otherwise, you can put it on the top of the car rear passenger side, into the loom where the tailgate wires run through, under the headliner, down the passenger c pillar, along the floor moldings, up the pass kick panel, behind the glove box, and then into the radio compartment.

NYCxB 04-13-2019 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by Big_Jim (Post 4293463)
If you're installing an XM antenna, why not just put it on the top edge of the passenger side dashboard? I had mine there with no issues.

Otherwise, you can put it on the top of the car rear passenger side, into the loom where the tailgate wires run through, under the headliner, down the passenger c pillar, along the floor moldings, up the pass kick panel, behind the glove box, and then into the radio compartment.

Did just that.

Only concern is that I was not able to get under the weather stripping that wraps around the hatch.

Hope that doesn't mean leaks.