Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Sun Visors

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2003, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member

Default Sun Visors

So I had a date in my xB and she went to look at herself in the vanity mirror in the passenger sun visor, the only problem is that there isn't one. There is one for the driver visor though!?!?!!? Is it because the bB is right hand drive and toyota chose not to make new visors? Or did they just forget?

BTW it's the only complaint she had about the xB.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: Sun Visors

Originally Posted by Cousin Tiki
So I had a date in my xB and she went to look at herself in the vanity mirror in the passenger sun visor, the only problem is that there isn't one. There is one for the driver visor though!?!?!!? Is it because the bB is right hand drive and toyota chose not to make new visors? Or did they just forget?

the mirror that is there is so small it is pretty useless.....

i am going to find something a little bigger to mount on there.....any ideas?
Old 11-11-2003, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

first of all... the sunvisor does nothing but block the sun glare ...it must be one the largest sunvisor i've seen on an import...

secondly, the mirror on the driver side is so small..and not to mention far..that's it's a waste of a mirror...

thirdly, where are the lights...how the hell are u suppose to look at ur face in the dark...

Last, my gf always complain how the sun visors are so far from the seat and high...i put an aftermarket "clip-on" type mirror on the passenger visor ..it's pretty nice with dual vanity lights and cover switch with a 7" mirror...but honestly...it's still too far for proper viewing...

so...basically...women will never stop complaining... and i'll never fully understand women.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:12 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
IV ACE

Put in a 5" screen and ryt next to it put in a camera. That'll shut her up and she'll c how much you cared/spent and she'll give you something special in return.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member

It would have to be a pretty big mirror with some good lighting for me to get a clip on. Blue Box, does it run on batteries?
Old 11-11-2003, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It seems that vanity mirror placement has gone to an extreme. At first they were only on the passenger side, since women were always the passenger while the manly man (who didn' t need a mirror) always drove. Next they put vanity mirrors on both sides to satisfy the women who bought the car. Now we've gone all the way, with mirrors only on the driver's side.

I guess that this means that either we have to let the ladies drive or perhaps men are supposed to be more sensitive these days and pay more attention to our appearance!

I saw a picture of a JDM bB with a factory mirror on the right side visor, so either the bB has mirrors on both sides or they decided to make a mirror-image part for the xB. In any case, the path to getting a mirror on the right visor is clear, just get a JDM right-hand visor!

Others have mentioned that the vanity mirror is too small, too far away, and unlighted. All are true, but frankly I don't expect such fancy amenities for $15k.

The size of the visors is defined by the high roofline. Short folks need the long visors to block the sun when it is low. The rest of us just angle them a bit and they work fine.

George
Old 11-11-2003, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

It would have to be a pretty big mirror with some good lighting for me to get a clip on. Blue Box, does it run on batteries?
Yes they are battery operated...runns on 4 AA battery...i got them at Pepboys for $15. They have various choices..but i like this one in particular due to it's factory style lid cover...which operates as the light switch when u open the lid to view mirror...

the battery lasts pretty long...i got mine back in August and my gf uses it all the time...i finally had to change the battery about 2 weeks ago.

here's a DIY site for those interested in making a custom sunvisor with mirror..maybe u can throw in some lights and stuff...

http://www.upholster.com/auto/auto-trim.htm

i need these installed for my women...

[/url]