Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Is there a fuse that controls the A/C or HVAC lighting?

Old 03-06-2013, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member

Default Is there a fuse that controls the A/C or HVAC lighting?

Simple question: Is there a fuse that controls the A/C or HVAC lighting only on an 05 xB?

As far as I can surmise, the lighting behind the A/C controls is the only thing that has gone out - all other interior lights are working. I have reviewed a wiring diagram and could not find a fuse. I have reviewed this thread and could not find anyone discussing a fuse.

It is of course possible that both A/C panel bulbs went out, and I can replace them, but want to know if there is a fuse to check prior to removing the A/C & radio panel.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member

Gonna update my own post, and as I just mentioned in another thread:

In anticipation of working on this i just decided 5 minutes ago to go and take of the A/C ***** and look behind there to see how hard taking off the bezel will be. I took the three ***** off, turned the headlights on, and as I suspected, no lights back there. I decided to blow some air back there to clean some dust off the bezel/panel.

As I was peering around through the round **** holes, it looked like there was light back there. Low and behold, the little lights had come on. WTF? I turned my head lamps off and they went out. Turned the head lights back on...... NOTHING.

What is going on here? I tapped the bezel, and blew more air back there, tried the headlights again ... and voila, the A/C lights came on again.

So ..... all this to say that my problem is nota fuse and might be as simple as corroded/poor connection at the bulb or somewhere along the wires for those bulbs. I will note that both mine go on/off together, so I do not suspect a bulb specific issue.

Once my radio and replacement bulbs I already ordered arrive, and i in fact take the dash bezel off, I may hae a better idea of where the failure point is.....
Old 03-12-2013, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member

The HVAC bulbs continue to work fine, allthough I did replace them anyway with some from autillumination. They still work fine.... Radio to arrive this weeke for potential install this weekend.