Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/)
-   -   Where did you run your cables in your xB? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/where-did-you-run-your-cables-your-xb-14588/)

Kyle480 12-17-2004 12:00 AM

Where did you run your cables in your xB?

Hey,

Just wondering where all of you xB owners ran your cables back to your amp/sub's? I am thinking on the lower door panels would be the easiest? Any suggestions?

tbone587 12-17-2004 12:19 AM

well where do you plan on putting your amp? The subs obviously goes in the trunk area. I found it easiest to run the cables under the carpeting. There is enough padding under the carpet that you wont notice. I took off a bunch of panels and there really isnt room to run wires as far as I could tell.

tbone587 12-17-2004 12:20 AM

well where do you plan on putting your amp? The subs obviously goes in the trunk area. I found it easiest to run the cables under the carpeting. There is enough padding under the carpet that you wont notice. I took off a bunch of panels and there really isnt room to run wires as far as I could tell.

scionracerxb 12-17-2004 12:34 AM

i just pulled up the door sill panels, and ran them through there and then once i got to the back seat, i ran them under the seat and over to the "secret compartment" where i have the amp hidden :wink:

tbone587 12-17-2004 01:17 AM

what are the door sill panels?

Lehne 12-17-2004 02:46 AM

i ran 0/1 gauge under the carpet on the driver's side and you can't tell its under it... The RCA's are on the passenger side under the carpet.

chadfo 12-17-2004 03:07 AM

The door sill panels are the plastic pieces that you see when you open the door. You step over them to get out of the car. If you pop those up and remove the B-pillar cover (it just pops off too), you can run under the carpet all the way back on either side. There's even holes in the channels the seats mount on so you can run through instead of over.

tbone587 12-17-2004 04:30 AM

oh so u basically ran it under the carpet.. i did it same way as u too..

Kyle480 12-17-2004 04:53 AM

my amp is going to be in the rear by the secret compartment.

ROLLINGillusion 12-17-2004 06:36 AM

i ran mine thru the door sill right alongsied the factory wiring.
4 gauge fit in there just fine. (power up driver side, rca's up the pass side.)

grnxb 12-17-2004 11:38 PM

my amp is in the "secret compartment" as well. Ran the power down the driver side under the door sill. The rca's went just right of the transmission hump. All the speaker wire went down the pass side. Try to keep the rca's and power seperate as far as possible as it reportedly causes/contribute's to engine noise.

superjeer 12-17-2004 11:44 PM

I ran the power on the left side of the car, the line outs on the right side of the hump to the amps and the post amped wires up the right side of the hump. I'm getting no noise.

dskize1 12-17-2004 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by grnxb
Try to keep the rca's and power seperate as far as possible as it reportedly causes/contribute's to engine noise.

i did not know that..i have a project to do!! thanks for the info! :wink: