Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/)
-   -   xA dash underlay (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-ice-interior-1616/xa-dash-underlay-2809/)

got_xA 03-06-2004 05:12 AM

xA dash underlay

xA BLUE DASH
i know there's a tech article 'bout this using colored sharpies but here's what I did without popping the needles off. You can use any other colored films, I opted for a blank x_ray film ( don't ask me where I got it :lol: ) and just made cuts. click HERE for instruction pic if you're interested. To those who wants to know at daytime or when it's not lit it looks normal...you can't tell it's there. took 'bout 20 min to do.

PEACE

tbblizzard 03-06-2004 07:00 AM

well... if i didn't ask you where you got it from then i probably wouldn't be able to do this. nice layout though for instructions, you should just draft it with exact measurements... you got pics of it installed?

mikochu 03-06-2004 07:13 AM

Isn't that harder to see? I actually like the white dial...

got_xA 03-06-2004 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by tbblizzard
well... if i didn't ask you where you got it from then i probably wouldn't be able to do this. nice layout though for instructions, you should just draft it with exact measurements... you got pics of it installed?

:D as far as where I got the x-ray film well I broke an arm a while back so I asked for my x-ray films and there was a blank one included with it so that's what I used. I'm sure craftstores would have some transparency films, or u can just break a bone, have x-rays done and ask for the films and maybe u'd get lucky and get a blank one too :lol: as far as exact measurements pretty much do a trial and error fitting, just trim whatever's necessary. BTW the first link on my original post is the pic of it installed and lit.

PEACE

got_xA 03-06-2004 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by mikochu

it's actually not harder too see in fact it's much better to look at since it's not too bright.

2fixA 03-06-2004 03:23 PM

I was wanting to go for the whole "white LED" color that has a blue tinge to it, but this might cover it nicely... nice work on the car as a whole, the screen looks great, where did you source it and how bad/hard was the modification for the install??

got_xA 03-06-2004 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by 2fixA
I was wanting to go for the whole "white LED" color that has a blue tinge to it, but this might cover it nicely... nice work on the car as a whole, the screen looks great, where did you source it and how bad/hard was the modification for the install??

if you're talking 'bout the underlay it wasn't hard at all..took about 20min to do and most of it was to get the template right as far as the shape. After getting the right cuts it basically slides underneath the face gauges..

PEACE

mikochu 03-06-2004 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by got_xA

Originally Posted by mikochu

it's actually not harder too see in fact it's much better to look at since it's not too bright.

Maybe it's a Southeast Toyota option, but we have a dimmer switch for the dash... :D

batute 03-06-2004 08:11 PM

if anyone wants to do this mod, I can hook you up on those exposed x-ray films... I can drop it off at the "scion central" if anyone wants... we throw those away everyday hehe.

2fixA 03-13-2004 01:14 PM

batute, I may take you up on that, sock away a small stack and we'll see what we can do :)