Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

xB factory Stereo's are pioneer, right? Are they 'p-bus' ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 02:21 AM
5 Year Member

Default xB factory Stereo's are pioneer, right? Are they 'p-bus' ?

Ok you guys pointed me in the correct direction about hooking up and MP3 player to my 2005 xB's factory stereo (w/o FM modulation) - buy using the CD changer/aux input converters. Thanks! (BTW: does anybody know the exact part/model that will work with an 2005 xB - not really listed yet at PIE, LogJam, Blitzsafe, etc).

But I noticed there is this p-bus Pioneer 'widget' that can do the same sort of thing but significantly cheaper (e.g. look here http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piepioprca1.html).

Well my head unit says its a 'Pioneer' (T1804 is some number tattoed on lower left corner) - Does it 'do' P-Bus? Anyway to tell if my unit does p-bus (nope haven't yanked the unit out yet)? And nope I don't have XM radio - nore a changer - and no plans for either in future.

Related question (newbie warning) : RCA-level input are 'passive' (i.e.just siginal - no/little 'power' - this is why there are those 'hi-level' input widget to add RCA jacks for amps) correct? So does one need to consider (consider here means wory about toasting something) the 'power' output from a ear phone jack from a digital audio player when connecting to RCA-level inputs (via 1/8" inch to RCA Y-cable)?
Old 09-13-2004, 11:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think it does p-bus, otherwise you would be able to hook up aftmrkt xm recievers direct without fm mod.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member

I am pretty sure the I had the option to get a factory installed 'Satelite Radio' option. In fact my head unit has a 'SAT' switch on it - for selecting 'Satelite radio'. Wonder how they hook it up - if I had chosen to buy it?
Old 09-13-2004, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They used a special plug designed just for Toyota/Scion and is different then the aftermarket models.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i have looked into PIE and called tech support checking on these converters. I'm trying to hook up a dvd player to my 6-disc stock changer and it seems these won't work on them. that P-Bus you are talking about, i'll pull my stereo and see if there's a connection for it. seems like you would just be able to buy the connecter somewhere to hook it up.

question: if these don't work i have to go with fm-modulator right? i don't want to get rid of the factory head unit.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

would these work as an auxillary converter?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=42612
Old 09-22-2004, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I am also trying to use my Roady/Commander without Fm Modulator. Too much static. I have been told that TOY03-AUX is what I need to get a direct connection to the factory head unit. (T1804 is what I have) I was also told that TOY03-AUX works on the 04 Xb models, but they don't have the info on the 05 models to determine if it would work. Does anyone know if it works on the 05 models, specifically on T1804?

This is the cheapest place I could find the TOY03-AUX at $70 with free shipping.

http://www.discountave.net/topieauinco1.html

I have also been told that there is no way to get XM radio on the head unit and have it displayed on the factory unit itself. The only way is to go thru the expensive dealer. Can someone confirm or disprove this? I thought the GEX-P910XM tuner would work at first, but this hopeful assumption was quickly shot down.
Old 09-22-2004, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tbblizzard
would these work as an auxillary converter?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=42612
those are line out converters, only sends a signal out to integrate an amplifier, what you need is an auxillary input.
the TOY30-AUX will work with 05 scions also, same plug.

and as for using the pioneer tuner box with your stock radio, check this out.
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundpiotoy1.html
it doesnt look like you will get full track information and such from this adapter if you are using this adapter, just channel number.
which makes finding channels hard unless you memorize all your favorites or preset them..
hope this helps
Old 09-23-2004, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Once a TOY03-AUX is installed, making my scion have audio input, what button would I push on my 1804 headunit to make it work? Do I push CD twice? Change the FM station to 88.3? A friend of mine has to go to 88.3 for his xm to work. He also claims is it not under FM mod since his quality is not as terrible as mine. Is this true? This is why I ask if my potential new TOY03-AUX would still use a station to call up the XM/Ipod/Portable DVD/whatever device.

This may be explained in the manual that may or may not come with the product, but I am trying to learn as much as I can about it before I purchase it online and then have a problem later that could have been prevented.