Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

2006 xA Sway Bar Links and Bushing

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 12:13 PM

Default 2006 xA Sway Bar Links and Bushing

I replaced my sway bar links this weekend and do not think I have it right. One side of the car seems lower than the other.

I used the MOOG part K90390. Unlike the original this has a hex head on one end so it is only tighten by the nut on the bottom.

I found several different torque specs for this ranging from 55 ft-lb to 16 ft-lb so was not sure what to set these too.

However, when trying to torque these guys to 55 ft-lb it basically was flattening out the bushing before I could reach anywhere near that. I eventually set them at around 20 ft-lb (limitation of my torque wrench).

I do not think they are correct. The one thing I think I did wrong was to tighten these guys up with the car still lifted. I have since read a thread that say the weight should be back on the car to set these.

So questions:

1) what is the proper torque or is this just eye balled until the bushing starts to expand.

2) Should the tightening be done with the car back on the ground so the suspension has the weight on it?

Next thing is I also wanted to change the bar bushings but do not see where I can get to the bolts that hold down that clamp without taking out some hard tubing that is in the way. Any trick to this here?

Last edited by MR_LUV; 08-14-2017 at 01:37 AM. Reason: typo correction