Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

easy way to make brakes better?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Default Re: easy way to make brakes better?

Originally Posted by superspud
is there any cheap ways or quick fixes to make your brakes more responsive? i've noticed lately in my XB that our brakes are actually VERY ____ty.... i've had to make a few quick stops and to be honest, had i not been able to switch lanes i would be in the back of the car in front of me...
If you've gotten yourself into tight spots where these brakes are not good enough it sounds like you are not planning ahead. I don't think ANY brakes can help with that.
I've autocrossed with my stock brakes with 25K on them and have yet been able to get any fade or loss of braking. You may have a problem with your particular vehicle. Or you are expecting miracles. You can upgrade to SS lines and green stuff pads. Maybe that will bring them up to your higher standards??? As for mine I'm quite happy and won't upgrade anything till the stock parts are worn.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JSosa
When i go racing with my scion i do turn off the ABS, it really gets in the way when your trying to get the max out of the brakes. I still think your best bet in the SS lines, for improved brake feel, without a doubt.
How do you do that? Are you just pulling a fuse before hand or do you have a switch hooked up?
Old 08-03-2006, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by SkyonXa
Originally Posted by JSosa
When i go racing with my scion i do turn off the ABS, it really gets in the way when your trying to get the max out of the brakes. I still think your best bet in the SS lines, for improved brake feel, without a doubt.
How do you do that? Are you just pulling a fuse before hand or do you have a switch hooked up?
Just disconnect the plug from the caliper that sends the ABS signal to the computer and your good to go. Obviously not to be on a everyday basis, dont know if that will hurt the computer in anyway.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a surprise to me that someone actually thinks the brakes on the xB's suck. I'm actually pretty impressed by them. This thing brakes better than my EF hatch did being gutted and with drilled rotors and rear disc brakes.