Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Clinking Noise from Front Left, Need smarties

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Clinking Noise from Front Left, Need smarties

So I changed out my suspension from The Koni yellows (BTW for sale) to the stock shocks and springs. I also changed out the rotors and pads with centric posiquiets that come with brackets and everything.

Anyways I now get this Clink not clunk noise and only when hitting sharp bumps like the lane dividers on the left front side. I also sometimes get this on/off brushing sound as if the pads are not seated correctly, then I hit the brakes and it's fine

I have checked EVERYTHING, even took the suspension apart and put it back together as well as the brake pads and switching the rotors side to side. The only thing I have left to do is switch the suspension left to right though I don't feel this is the problem as it only happens on sharp bumps not speed bumps or even road irregularities.

I've started to read that it might be the sliding caliper pins that are going bad and loose though they seem perfect and tight, but the caliper bracket does slide side to side more on the driver side than the passenger. Has anyone else had this problem. I can almost 100 percent positive it is the brakes though I have taken them apart and put together twice. I don,t feel it is the ball joint or etc as this happened right after changing suspension and rotors and pads

thanks