Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

LowPro's vs. Lowering

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Default LowPro's vs. Lowering

New member here. I've seen a lot of threads discussing installing the lowering springs. I love the look, however, I'm concerned with munching the car on a dip or driveway. Does anyone here have their xB on low profile tires? and if so how do you like it? Did it give you that "lowered" look without the worries of scraping?
Old 01-22-2004, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Low pros are just gonna make your box look like it does now, with thinner tires. I think many people would agree with me, if you lower your box even up to 2 inches, its not gonna make a big deal. I know for a fact that when my box was lowered with the 2 inch spys, stock front lip i NEVER SCRAPED. With the red genie kit i have to be a bit slower, but i can still take most speed bumps and dips head on. It not bad, just be aware of where you are driving.

hth
Old 01-22-2004, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheRedBox
Low pros are just gonna make your box look like it does now, with thinner tires. I think many people would agree with me, if you lower your box even up to 2 inches, its not gonna make a big deal. I know for a fact that when my box was lowered with the 2 inch spys, stock front lip i NEVER SCRAPED. With the red genie kit i have to be a bit slower, but i can still take most speed bumps and dips head on. It not bad, just be aware of where you are driving.

hth
yeah, what he said.
Thinner tires will just make the xB looker taller with more wheel to fender gap than stock.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

running 35 series on 18's .... gaps the same, just more rim
Old 01-22-2004, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I havn't lowered mine, but have observed many reports of not scraping with a lowered XB on low profile tires.
The wheels are pushed so far to the corners on the XB that the wheels follow the difference in the pavement before there can be a problem.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i got 35s on 18" rims, and an Eibach 1.8" drop, and the only thing ive ever rubbed is the bottom of my front bumper on a huge bump going too fast because i didnt see it. I've done that even before my drop. My low pros look better i think than stock, and with the drop, there is no gaps between the tire and fender as you guys are saying.

I suggest lowering it and getting low pros :D
Old 01-22-2004, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IceBox
i got 35s on 18" rims, and an Eibach 1.8" drop, and the only thing ive ever rubbed is the bottom of my front bumper on a huge bump going too fast because i didnt see it. I've done that even before my drop. My low pros look better i think than stock, and with the drop, there is no gaps between the tire and fender as you guys are saying.

I suggest lowering it and getting low pros :D
I have the same setup....I agree