Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

My Review on re-stroked and re-valve and high spring rates..

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 08:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default My Review on re-stroked and re-valve and high spring rates..

Ok guys if your really serious about auto-x or road racing... I seriously suggest doing this ...

I recently had my Tein SuperStreets re-valved, de-stroke ( 2.6" shorter stroke in the front and 2.9" shorter stroke in the rear), and change out my springs to Swift competition springs (7kg spring rate in the front and 8kg in the rear)... All I can say is WOW!!! The turn in is very very aggresive. And when the shocks are set to 8 clicks in the front and 12 clicks in the rear the cars is still very very streetable... Its worth every penny...

As it sits the car is 11" from the center of the rim to the fender and 11.5" from the center of the rim to the fender... Its very very low to the ground and has zero body roll due to my other supporting suspension mods... I would gladly give anyone a ride in the car if anyone wants to ride...

NOTE!!!
Swift springs worth every penny too because they are way more forgiving than the regualr Tein springs... The Tein or standardized springs are linear in spring rate... for example let say you have a Tein standard spring with a spring rate of 7kg... if you compress the standard Tein spring about an inch the spring rate will actually be 8 or 9kg... While the Swifts are 7kg all the way thru... Which helps maintain the balance of the car in mid corner... Just a side note... These are springs use by major JDM suspension companies as upgrades to their standardized springs...

If you guys are interested in getting you a set of Swift springs ... please contact Ben at www.Btune.net his email is Ben@Btune.net
Old 07-17-2005, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool, good to know
i won't auto-x the Box
but this is handy for my EF civic
Old 07-18-2005, 03:27 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG