Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-suspension-handling-1606/)
-   -   Negative things about Goldline and tanabe df210 (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-suspension-handling-1606/negative-things-about-goldline-tanabe-df210-17329/)

Eastwick 02-04-2005 03:57 PM

Negative things about Goldline and tanabe df210

I always see that goldlines are good and tanabe df210 are good with a nice drop. BUt i would like to know the negative things about it. I dont want to but some lower spring and not be satify with them. If anybody could help me with this ill apreciated

stick_1NZ 02-04-2005 04:41 PM

I don't have any probs. with my goldlines. xB is nicely dropped 2" and I cut the front bump stops on the shocks. Smooth ride too.

ThunderGod 02-04-2005 04:46 PM

no negs. here, all pos. w/ Goldlines. no sags, no drags.

Dwestxb 02-04-2005 04:50 PM

:nope: Nothing bad to say about the Goldlines, I :love: Them.

Skaterjoes 02-04-2005 05:18 PM

I have the tanabe df210's and I love the way my car looks. My best friend has the goldlines and he likes his too. Between the 2 of us he likes the more agressive stance of my drop and I like the fact that his car has less bounce than mine. On smooth surfaces I think the tanabes out handle and "out feel" the goldlines but on a bumpy road the goldlines help keep your back from breaking. Either way both are quality products. Just like anything else, there are ging to be pros and cons.

wolf_xa 02-05-2005 03:24 PM

Goldlines rock! Theres no neg I could say on my XA. low and smooth. Not too stiff, less roll.

Soon2HaveAbox 02-07-2005 06:07 PM

I just installed my Tanabe DF210's yesterday and they are great. The ride is very good for such an inexpensive spring.

camoboXb 02-08-2005 10:03 PM

I like my goldlines alot. only problem I've had is that my struts are pretty much done after less than 10k miles. Same think probably happens with all lowering springs though.

DJ_X_Trodinaire 02-08-2005 10:08 PM

almost a year on goldlines :clap:

its_ikon 02-09-2005 03:05 AM

negatives on goldliees:
bumpy ride, bottoms out under slight aggrressive driving, may be too low for some people, squeaked when exiting and entering car

postives:
best ride that i know of for the drop

wolf_xa 02-13-2005 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by ikonXone
negatives on goldliees:
bumpy ride, bottoms out under slight aggrressive driving, may be too low for some people, squeaked when exiting and entering car

postives:

this is coming form a girl- springs dont squeek. It is far form bumpy. I drive like a maniak and the only time I bottom out is if I hit a pot hole.

hotbox05 02-13-2005 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by wolf_xa

negatives on goldliees:

postives:

this is coming form a girl- springs dont squeek. It is far form bumpy. I drive like a maniak and the only time I bottom out is if I hit a pot hole.

That pic is of his very cute girlfriend. Springs may not "squeek" as they say but they do creak.

Orataro 02-13-2005 01:40 PM

negatives on goldliees:

postives:

I have to disagree. I love my Goldlines but after installing them, I had a bad nosie coming from my springs. Didn't think much of it at first but after awhile, it drove me crazy. I spoke with a few people about it and learned there was a problem with some of the Goldline springs. I called Goldline about the matter and they were aware of the problem. They were more then happy to correct the problem at no cost to me. A Silencer Tubing was provided to me at no cost. After instalation of the silencer tubing the nosie went away.

I'm very happy with my Goldline Springs and the customer service provided by Goldline. :clap:

HotLava1755 02-13-2005 03:45 PM

Goldlines ride is great but I have to say the Coil Clash noise is very annoying It is constantly there even on smoother roads Jeff at Goldline did a warrnaty exchange on my front springs but this did not help Conclusion

GREAT RIDE!! GREAT HANDLING!! but noisy

flowmini98 02-13-2005 05:56 PM

my goldlines have only been on since yesterday but i burned an ENTIRE tank of gas in the XB driving aropund on the yesterday and they feel great and the drop is dope as hell too.

its_ikon 02-13-2005 07:14 PM

negatives on goldliees:

postives:

i am definately not a girl and would it really matter if i am girl? he asked for an opinion. squeak, might have been the wrong word but he asked about the negatives and those are the negatives that i had happen to me.

etarui 02-13-2005 07:39 PM

I have the Tanabes. The main negative side is the ride is bouncy. My cousin just installed some Gold Lines, and it seemed to have a smoother ride than mine, at least in the front seats. The back was probably just as bouncy as the Tanabes. He also has some noises coming from the front. Until reading this post, I thought maybe he had a bad install. But it sounds like it might be the springs. Can anyone with the Gold Lines go into further detail on the noises you have coming from the springs?

Thanks!

xb2k5 02-13-2005 07:59 PM

i bought the tanabes, but have not put them on yet. i was just wanting to know if anyone has had any problems with any kind of rubbing issues with an 18 in. wheel and the tanabe springs. a guy i work with told me that the tire will either rub on the spring or the fender. any advice would be helpful. i have until tuesday to decide. THANKS

Carlanga 02-13-2005 08:09 PM

Smooth ride, awesome handling, it may lower an xA about 2.0 in the front and 1.8,1.9 in the rear, but they are harsh or a bit bumpy when 2 people are seating in the back. Other than that they are the best balance. (compared with my friends xB tanabes)

squarepants 02-13-2005 08:22 PM

i also have a noise mainly on the passenger side it sounds like somethng is loose i only hear it when i'm driving slow over speed bumps,anyone else have this problem?