Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Progress Coils on xA?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Progress Coils on xA?

I've searched for threads about progress coilovers, almost all of them relate to the xB. Just looking for some input / pics for anyone running these coilovers on the xA. Pros and Cons?

All I know is that it's the cheapest I've seen for coilovers, gives the most drop for the xA.

Bad that it doesn't come with rear shocks but I got Tokico Blues on already so I hope it holds up.
The ride might be too bumpy? Do you feel a lot of the cracks and bumps on the road?
Old 12-18-2011, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by itscurtsk
I've searched for threads about progress coilovers, almost all of them relate to the xB. Just looking for some input / pics for anyone running these coilovers on the xA. Pros and Cons?

All I know is that it's the cheapest I've seen for coilovers, gives the most drop for the xA.

Bad that it doesn't come with rear shocks but I got Tokico Blues on already so I hope it holds up.
The ride might be too bumpy? Do you feel a lot of the cracks and bumps on the road?
I've had them for a while, been good so far. The spring rates out of the box are about 200lb front and rear, which is mild as far as racing terms... So the ride is fine for street use. I run 450 lb springs up front because I removed front sway, ride is bumpy but I don't care because my car is all go.
Old 12-18-2011, 04:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh so you asked them to change the spring rate to 450lbs? the ride is bumpy because you removed the sway, or because you had to increase the spring rate? higher the spring rate = more stiff and more bumpy? did you ever have the regular set up on your car because i won't be able to compare it to your 450lb spring rate set up.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by itscurtsk
oh so you asked them to change the spring rate to 450lbs? the ride is bumpy because you removed the sway, or because you had to increase the spring rate? higher the spring rate = more stiff and more bumpy? did you ever have the regular set up on your car because i won't be able to compare it to your 450lb spring rate set up.
Yes I had the original 200 lb springs for a while. Ride was comparable to lowering springs such as Tanabe DFs. When you increase the spring rates, car handles better usually but of course ride is more harsh.