Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Raceland Coilover Review for the xA

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 03:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hmc2261CT
yeah thats up to you, i looked into the obx exhaust (i had never hear of them) and Im a little skeptical, a cat back system for less than I bought my DC sports axle back??? Im curious about the quality of the stainless.
if it were me, id go for a good stance first, but thats me, im just a big believer in a good stance
Well, i have the obx header already, and thought the quality was good. I was just thinking about getting th exhaust first, then the coils so i know how low i can go without scrapping the exhaust
Old 02-18-2013, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, we'll I'm fully slammed on my coils and I still have about 4 in of clearance
But either way, getting both is a good idea
Old 02-19-2013, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

who still has the helper springs on? i'm thinking about putting mine back on. however, i want to know how much drop did you get with the helper spring, assuming you started with stock height? also do you think ride quality is better with helper springs on? that's the main reason why i want to put mine back, less bouncy?
Old 02-20-2013, 02:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mine are modded to the fullest, no rear perch, no helper springs, cut bump stops, no locking collar. I was also thinking about getting the OBX catback... I'm getting the DC Sports header though, really only want the OBX cat to axle (since I'll get the DC Sports axle back later) cause they have two resonators that take down cabin noise significantly. Rides like hell though. Probably will upgrade to the ScionPro coils later on...
Old 02-20-2013, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The helper spring in should not improve ride quality, they are only there to keep the main spring properly seated at all heights of adjustment
Old 02-20-2013, 03:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xAxAxAxA
Mine are modded to the fullest, no rear perch, no helper springs, cut bump stops, no locking collar. I was also thinking about getting the OBX catback... I'm getting the DC Sports header though, really only want the OBX cat to axle (since I'll get the DC Sports axle back later) cause they have two resonators that take down cabin noise significantly. Rides like hell though. Probably will upgrade to the ScionPro coils later on...
it would probably be cheaper then to just got to a local exhaust shop and have them fab something for you, instead of buying the whole cat back system.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

For those who modded their coils, I'm thinking of doing it to mine when it gets nicer out
Any of you guys had issues with bottoming the shocks out since with the modded coils you have a pretty small travel distance for the pistons in the strut shocks? The roads in mass are pretty bad, so I'm Trying to gauge if ill bottom out if you guys are on nicer roads
Old 04-20-2013, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

So I got around to modding my coils by taking out the "unnecessary" parts.
It looks great, I wish I could space my wheels (cant do to the fact I cant roll both fenders since one was bondoed) but im pretty happy with it now, bottomed out 3 times already though :/

here it is:

Name:  20130408_135432_zpsa4acb1ab.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  119.7 KB
Old 04-21-2013, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member

Damn, thats slammed brahski.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just a little update , i'm on 215/45/17 tires, i rub a little on the inner fender lining when turning the wheel all the way like on u-turns. i had to raise it higher since the springs are kinda soft, i would rub when i go over dips / bumps that makes the car bounce.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:08 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah im running 215x40r17 and i get the rubbing on the inner fender, thinking about trimming it a bit, not sure yet though
Old 04-24-2013, 04:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by itscurtsk
just a little update , i'm on 215/45/17 tires, i rub a little on the inner fender lining when turning the wheel all the way like on u-turns. i had to raise it higher since the springs are kinda soft, i would rub when i go over dips / bumps that makes the car bounce.
mine rubs on there and im not eve on coils, just ksport springs.

and hmc, i know a guy who bagged his xa and just removed the liner all together without any issues.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

took the dive in, they are on their way
Old 05-09-2013, 07:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I am thinking of removing them all together, but since I cant go as low as bags, I feel like it may look weird,

And best of luck!
Post pics of the install and once its done if you have the time!
Old 05-09-2013, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i read on other forums that it's bad removing the whole liner because it will dirty everything and could damage some parts over time.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

For those who modded their coils, I'm thinking of doing it to mine when it gets nicer out
Any of you guys had issues with bottoming the shocks out since with the modded coils you have a pretty small travel distance for the pistons in the strut shocks? The roads in mass are pretty bad, so I'm Trying to gauge if ill bottom out if you guys are on nicer roads
Welcome to the club. I ride on the worst roads in America (literally). 80% of SC roads are in poor condition. It's worth it though. I don't really bottom out, or if I do I have no idea I am. You'll learn to swerve and where to go and not to go lol. You guys need 205/45 tires. I don't rub and I have 0mm offset in the rear lol (20mm in the front). My rears are rolled though.

Fortunately I will be getting K-sports next week though, so I get to have a little more comfort and a lot more low.

Latest shot.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by itscurtsk
i read on other forums that it's bad removing the whole liner because it will dirty everything and could damage some parts over time.
probably get dirty yes, not sure about how much damage it might cause, but the guy i knew was meticulous about cleaning his car so...
Old 05-11-2013, 04:43 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xAxAxAxA
Welcome to the club. I ride on the worst roads in America (literally). 80% of SC roads are in poor condition. It's worth it though. I don't really bottom out, or if I do I have no idea I am. You'll learn to swerve and where to go and not to go lol. You guys need 205/45 tires. I don't rub and I have 0mm offset in the rear lol (20mm in the front). My rears are rolled though.

Fortunately I will be getting K-sports next week though, so I get to have a little more comfort and a lot more low.

Latest shot.
Yeah I'm swerving like a champ just to avoid the bumps
And actually, I'm running 205/40 not 215, but it's just the fronts that rub when I turn I probably have 80-85% stealing before I hear rubbing
I envy the fact that you could roll your rears, I wish I could space my wheels
Old 05-11-2013, 07:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Better pic of how it sits. Fully modded to be as low as Racelands can go.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eignub
Well, i have the obx header already, and thought the quality was good. I was just thinking about getting th exhaust first, then the coils so i know how low i can go without scrapping the exhaust
Originally Posted by eignub
it would probably be cheaper then to just got to a local exhaust shop and have them fab something for you, instead of buying the whole cat back system.
You won't scrape the exhaust... The frame sits lower than anything. (Yeah you can scrape the exhaust if you try blah blah)

And as much as I'd love to support my local shops, I'd rather just get a DC Sports header and catback and not worry about anything.

Yeah I'm swerving like a champ just to avoid the bumps
And actually, I'm running 205/40 not 215, but it's just the fronts that rub when I turn I probably have 80-85% stealing before I hear rubbing
I envy the fact that you could roll your rears, I wish I could space my wheels
I think it's your higher offset maybe... and slightly bigger diameter.

If you ever make your way through SC, I'll roll em lol it's not hard.

Quick Reply: Raceland Coilover Review for the xA