Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-suspension-handling-1606/)
-   -   Stock xB springs.... CUTTED!!! (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-suspension-handling-1606/stock-xb-springs-cutted-448/)

DynamiteSJ 10-27-2003 11:13 PM

Stock xB springs.... CUTTED!!!

hahah... stuck with bills and get a new set of springs to drop my ride yet... BUT!! i cut the stock springs and went for a lil drive... LOL... Its actually smooth!! Feels like a stock ride, but too bad the rear isnt cutable! Wut a demon drop HAHAHA

10-27-2003 11:43 PM

Holy crap man! Do you have a pic so we can see. I cut scionjohn 's eibachs in the front, but only to level it out. You just went , straight hot rod style.

vkeks05 10-27-2003 11:55 PM

CUTTED? What the hell kind of grammar is that?
Anyway, cutting seems rather silly. Yes, very silly.

10-28-2003 12:02 AM

Yes rather silly old bean, and what might I add is the purpose of such flip flap! Dude, just relax. so he cut them, big deal. I for one would like see a pic for my XB album. So, how about it old bean may I contend for a photograph of this scion you have cut? Welcome to cali! :lol:

scionracerxb 10-28-2003 12:07 AM

cut springs

yeah...lets see the pics...you are the first scion owner to have a sport rake on a xb...LOL...you said the back isn't cuttable? so only the front is dropped?

deathcabforme 10-28-2003 12:08 AM

Get out the Burnz-o-Matic torch and heat that rear sping up then have your 5 fat friends get in the back thats how you lower the back sir.

Slopoke21m 10-28-2003 01:17 AM

:roll: sorry to burst another bubble :roll: My ride may not be slammed, but already have the hot rod rake (courtesy of a set of $4.99 clamps fabbed by that ultimate hot rodding trio......manny, moe, and jack) that lowered the front an inch and a quarter, then my other two buddies, oxy and his brother acetylene lowered the whole thing bout another half inch.

You cant cut the rears because the first and last coils are a smaller circle to fit on their perches.......but im working on it :wink:

See Ya, Louie 8)

can you say.....Tijuana Engineering :?

2fixA 10-28-2003 02:18 AM

omg.. cutted.. hehe, dude you seriously need to put some pics up...

luis you never mentioned the clamps before, need to check them out at the next meet, any pics of them by chance? j/c

Slopoke21m 10-28-2003 02:23 AM

:oops: Oh my god....did i say clamps out loud....how freaking cheesy of me to acctually admit to it 8)

yanges 10-28-2003 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Slopoke21m
:oops: Oh my god....did i say clamps out loud....how freaking cheesy of me to acctually admit to it 8)

that is one Sweet Onyx xB Slopoke! very Nice! 8)

scionracerxb 10-28-2003 02:47 AM

OMG clamps?

ok...ok...now y'all are gettin cheap on me...come on...clamps?...i guess you gotta do whatcha gotta do....i plan to put the spy springs or the goldlines on mine, but before i put them on i wanna cut the stockers to see how low i can get it!...lol :shock:

DynamiteSJ 10-28-2003 05:37 AM

haha... i kno i would have get mixed responses to it.. but ahwell.. just in the meanwhile... its not that dropped. The coils on the top of the spring is very tight and the cut just compesated for the drag in the back due to my subs... it still looks somewhat stock hieght... but now from all this talk and for laughs and giggles... i might cut another coil! LOL!!!

I'll try to get pics up with im done! :D :D :D

bBOXD 10-28-2003 06:29 AM

BE A MAN AND CUT 2 MORE COILS OFF!!!!!!!! HAHA. J/K. :lol:

But really i would like to see some pictures of that. THanks.

DynamiteSJ 10-28-2003 06:52 AM

hmmm.. the thing is, if u cut too much, it wont fit the bracket on the top! so what im gonna have to do is cut one coil off the top (which is done already) and cut a coil off the bottom. The thing with the bottom is that the coil is pretty spaced out from each other... so cuttin one coil is gonna be a fat drop!

BUT!!! I got stock spares thx to squirrel and (ad-rock for offering) so im gonna take the risk!!!

IMMA TAKE IT FOR THE TEAM!! LOL

Hopefully it wont be a killer drop where it goes TOO far... we'll see!!

And now about those clamps... that was a good idea!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA
who knows, might use them on the rear!! POOR scion... gonna be all ghettofied! LOL

Dave

eric_m 10-28-2003 04:07 PM

wow. i thought my ride had some custom suspension work, but you guys are making me look like an amateur.

anyway, cutting the springs is just fine in the scions. don't ask me why, but for some reason the ride quality is still ok, even with a 3" drop all the way around on cut springs. someone did it back in june (i'm not mentioning names) and it worked out great. the back is totally cuttable. you just have to cut from the right side, and make sure everything lines up when you put it back. also, consider some straps or cable ties or something in case the spring tries to jump out which is rare but it can happen. safety first!

as far as bad grammar: it's not bad grammar. it's just an expression. and BTW, he not only cutted them, he CUTINATED them.

10-28-2003 05:39 PM

eric what is the cause of the ride still being intact? Are the springs just built well? Or is it because everything is still new?

eric_m 10-28-2003 06:16 PM

well, one reason i can think of is because the car is so light, and because the spring rate technically doesn't change. the only time you're going to notice a difference is on extremely bumpy conditions, which doesn't happy very often.

i think another reason may be due to the fact that the spring rate is already pretty stiff compared to stock springs on other cars, so the remaining coils do a fine job of supporting the car.

randode 10-28-2003 08:20 PM

ahhhhhh! the humanity!!!!!!!
Let me lower your cars, dont cut them please!

DenZinz 10-28-2003 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by randode
ahhhhhh! the humanity!!!!!!!
Let me lower your cars, dont cut them please!

I prefer heated coils! Those are the BEST!

eric_m 10-28-2003 08:55 PM

believe it or not, cutting the springs is so much better than heating them. if you heat the coils, you will destroy the integrity of the spring, and all your spring rates will be different. i guess you could get lucky, but you will probably end up with a really uncomfortable ride that is not even that low.