Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

TB Performance: Scion xA Chasis Bracing -End of the year sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 12:15 AM
SL Member

Default TB Performance: Scion xA Chasis Bracing -End of the year sale

Starting Today, all our Scion braces will be 50% off with 20$ flat rate domestic shipping and 40$ international shipping. Here are the braces we currently offer for the Scion xA / xB1

XA / XB1 Traction Brace: On sale for $62.50

This brace bolts into the four bolts that connect the axles to the subframe. By unifying this area with our high strength muti triangle design The car becomes much more predictable in corners by sharpening the steering response and also allows better power transfer to the front wheels. Torque steer and wheel hop will become a thing of the past even on boosted high horsepower applications! Like many our products this design is unique only to TB Performance Products.

XA / XB1 Front Crossmember Brace : On sale for $62.50

The Front Crossmember Brace ties the crossmember to the unibody of the vehicle. This unity makes a much more agile and predictable car at high speeds. Our testing showed this to be a night and day difference. Understeer was negated and actually provided a crisp touch to the corners. Steering slop was reduced and the overall feel of the car felt track capable. We utilized a multi triangle design for the highest strength and lightest weight.

XA / XB1 Mid Chassis Brace : On sale for $30.00

Once we took the stock "brace" off we felt that the xA owners were cheated! The stock piece wasn't a brace, rather it was more of paper thing sheet metal plate. We upgraded it with some TB Performance thick walled end cups and 1040 square stock steel to give it the ultimate in rigidity. These cups are the thickest on the market to ensure no flex occurs anywhere on the brace at any time!

Adjustable C Pillar Brace (xA only) : On sale for $50.00

Using a strong mounting point in the hatch and our double adjustable design we have created a brace that will help prevent any flex in the top end of your ride. This keeps torsional forces down and creates a much more stiff rear end. In high speed corners this will help keep the back end more planted and predictable. This brace is crated using 1040 steel and is the ultimate in easy of install! Take hold of the road today!

All of our braces are coated in a black high durability polyurethane coating that is similar in texture and appearance to wrinkle black power coating, but is much more durable and does not chip. These braces are painted red for display purposes only. They are available for purchase on here:

http://www.tbperformanceproducts.com/scion-xa.php

-Evan Miers, Tb Performance Products

Last edited by TB_Performance_Products; 10-23-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:24 AM

How long are you guys running this sale for?
Old 10-24-2012, 04:27 AM
SL Member

We will be running this sale until the end of the month.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:31 AM

Awesome, thanks for the lighting fast reply.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:45 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any pics of this traction brace installed on the car?
Old 10-24-2012, 05:19 PM

From their website:
Name:  QX5Wq.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  42.3 KB
edit:

Another question for you guys, why not make the braces sit closer to the body?
Like, as opposed to welding the bars to the cups near the top, why not weld them lower down so there's more ground clearance?

Last edited by Curiosity; 10-24-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:56 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

It would clearly not work in my case. My xA has massive 3/8 welded alum skid plate which I think performs much like this brace but w/o loosing precious (for road rally) clearance.
Name:  IMAG0623.jpg
Views: 461
Size:  175.1 KB

xA or xB needs an X member in the rear IMHO that connects shock towers with C and/or D pillars to further stiffen the rear.

Last edited by MidnightScion; 10-26-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:56 AM
SL Member

Curiosity - The front cross member is sitting as close to frame as possible, and the traction brace is sitting on the same level as the front cross member. We decided to keep everything level, and didn't have any problems during testing and had plenty of clearance when going over speed bumps and dips in the road.

Midnight - Picture isn't working =( And we do have plans to add a rear shock tower brace, and we are going to be prototyping an X-brace that mounts to our other braces for both the xA and tc2.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:25 AM

That's totally fair then, and making everything level is a pretty good idea, at least aesthetically [even though it's all under the car].
Old 10-26-2012, 06:18 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

TB ... image should work now...
I'm planning to weld in (not a bolt on mimicry) an X brace that ties both rear shock towers (with reinforcing cups 4 shock towers) and roof at C pillars. This will lay foundation for future roll cage.
Eventually I'll build a roll cage and compete in group R1B cars.
Cheers.

Last edited by MidnightScion; 10-26-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:29 AM
SL Member

Midnight, that is a beautiful skid plate... how do you have it attached to the frame? Also, if I could ship a prefitted brace setup and simply have the customer weld it all in I'd be all over it =) ... but most of our current customers would not want to be daily driving a track car or want to have it welded in. Send us some pics when you get that xbrace fabbed up
Old 10-26-2012, 07:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sure I will.
Its got 6 attachment points with 5/16 (I will increase fastener size and will tie plate with 4 cradle attachment points 4 ultimate strength) countersunk bolts and two where radiator support is. Im planning to beef up rad support. So far haven't had any issues hitting stuff with it.
I also have brake and fuel line skid plate installed as first time I participated in a race I almost ruptured one of break lines (I suspect I hit some rocks as car bottomed out).

I have to fab fuel tank skid plate, perhaps integrate it with this brace (rear one I believe its made by Tanabe ... THIS PIC is from WEB search)
Name:  brace1.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  94.7 KB as I have spotted some scars in plastic fuel tank

Cheers

Last edited by MidnightScion; 10-29-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some solid looking pieces...wish I didn't already have another companies "over-priced" braces. Have you guys ever considered making a rear frame brace, like the Carbing unit that was always a pain to find?
Old 10-29-2012, 04:03 PM
SL Member

Hey jet, happen to have a picture of one? We don't offer one now, but we do have easy access to an xA and might able to get one done.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here ya go. Hopefully it generates ideas.
Attached Thumbnails TB Performance: Scion xA Chasis Bracing -End of the year sale-carbing-rear-front-brace.jpg   TB Performance: Scion xA Chasis Bracing -End of the year sale-carbing-rear-brace-installed.jpg  
Old 11-02-2012, 12:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why don't you answer your phone or have a answering service to leave a message? That doesn't give me much confidence in my order.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:53 AM
SL Member

Hey Flite, someone infected us with head colds after they stopped by for a visit yesterday... so we were not in the office or the shop today. Your traction brace will be shipping out within the next few days, if you have any other questions just reply to the order confirmation email I sent you, that is usually the best way to get a hold of one of us.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TB_Performance_Products
Curiosity - The front cross member is sitting as close to frame as possible, and the traction brace is sitting on the same level as the front cross member. We decided to keep everything level, and didn't have any problems during testing and had plenty of clearance when going over speed bumps and dips in the road.

Midnight - Picture isn't working =( And we do have plans to add a rear shock tower brace, and we are going to be prototyping an X-brace that mounts to our other braces for both the xA and tc2.
Would it also fit a 2000 Echo Coupe? Mine doesn't have the 60/40 folding seat, so it came from the factory with a sort of V-brace back there instead. I did notice, though, that the strut towers are naked, and had thought of having something fabricated for it.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:55 PM

Anyone install these yet?
Old 12-25-2012, 06:36 AM
5 Year Member

Super Curious if anyone has a review on these, really interested in getting some, maybe the whole package....

Quick Reply: TB Performance: Scion xA Chasis Bracing -End of the year sale