Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

TB Performance: Scion xA Chasis Bracing -End of the year sale

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 04:02 AM

Default Review

I bought all 3. Good company, they answered all questions quickly. They even extended the sale price for me. Shipping was a little slow, but it was the holiday season.

Traction bar is awesome!!!!!!!! No more wheel hop when the tires break a little loose. My favorite of the three products. I can't say enough good about it. Really balanced my chassis and suspension.

Mid brace is definitely an upgrade from stock. I am sure it makes a difference but I did not feel anything different at this point. Running winter set up now.

I did not install the front brace yet as it was scratched during shipping. I was going to replace my gtspec front brace , as this one looked stiffer. When I tried to touch up the brace with a quick coat of primer and paint to avoid rust, the factory applied finished bubbled and wiped off to the bare metal. Living in NH, I will have to wait till spring to strip and repaint the piece.

I would buy from again. Wish they had a c pillar brace, rear strut tower brace, and rear frame brace. I bought a c pillar brace on amazon and I got what I paid for.

The gentleman I spoke with via email at tbperformance said they only make products that are a significant improvement. He said they would look into making a rear frame brace if it improved performance.

My current suspension set up is
TB performance mid brace and traction bar
Gt spec front brace
Energy suspension bushings up front
Scion pro coil over suspension
Progressive suspension rear sway bar
C pillar brace

Hope to add whiteline rear sway on top of the progressive sway, rear strut tower bar(looks like gt spec is the only one made), and a carbing rear frame brace as they are the only one that makes one. Also SS brake lines. Getting ready to auto cross

Hope that helps
Old 12-27-2012, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks that helps alot... do you sacrifice alot of ride quality for cornering ability? Or is there not a significant difference?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:32 PM

the things you are looking at buying from TB Performance....will not effect ride comfort. It will help with body roll, cornering, and wheel hop.

All the things I have suspension wize did not effect the ride comfort except for the coilovers. That is when the ride started to get hard. That is when my wife started to hate to drive in my car. That and the double short throw shifter (TRD short throw shifter plus the Axiss transmission mount short throw 84%+ reduction. 30%TRD then 54% trans mount).

You would feel a bing difference in cornering if you bought this package. I would also add a rear sway (progressive or TRD or Hochkins for easy install or Whiteline for more difficult, but better).

Also put in the energy suspension bushings up front. Leave the shocks alone and the ride will remain comfy. I have also heard that putting monroe shocks in the rear will make the ride nicer as well.

The other item that made a big difference is the lightened drive pulley by Perrin. This gave our car a 2nd gear that was usable at slow speeds if you have a stick trans.

Hope that helps