Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-suspension-handling-1606/)
-   -   tein H-techs and handling? (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-suspension-handling-1606/tein-h-techs-handling-16754/)

Chimmy3 01-26-2005 04:15 PM

tein H-techs and handling?

When spring /summer rolls around I'm thinking about getting springs for the box. My main goal is to improve the ride, but since we have many many potholes and uneven roads around dropping the car isn't ideal.

After reading a bunch of posts, I've decided that the tein h-techs may be what i'm looking for, since they have a mild drop and everyone says the ride quality is excellent.

My only problem is, I don't want to sacrifice handling in any way (if possible). So my question is will installing the h-techs cause the handling to suffer (increased body roll etc)? If so, are there ways to compensate or another product?

Is possible to improve both ride quality and handling? or does improving ride quality always come at the expense of some handling?

RageStevens 01-27-2005 04:47 AM

Ok some peeps have said the H's have too much of a body roll. This might be true if you are running strictly stock Xb. I have the H springs, front strut, jic type one frame brace, sways. I think this took care of the body roll it handels fine.Do not get me wrong I doint thnk you have to do all that to get a good ride.This my first import so I might not know the differences.I too have some real crap roads in my neck of the woods. The H springs ride great if any thing its a tad bit stiffer. Look into everything before you buy and listion to everyones opinions.I hope someone will post with a stock ride and H-srpings to give ya a better idea. I also hope I was a help :wink:

hotbox05 01-27-2005 06:19 AM

if any thing a lil bit more body roll , nothing drastic tho.

CBSIMONSEZ 01-29-2005 03:58 PM

I have chenaged from stock to the H Techs. I love the ride, and yes, at 35+ MPH, you can notice a little bit more body roll. If you handle this box like a dog, then you wont like it. If you just enjoy driving, then i would say get the H Techs. It softens the ride, and just makes for an overall better ride. BTW ... im running these with a 17 inch wheel, and have hit many a pot hole with no damage.

Nathant888 01-30-2005 08:07 PM

I have the same problem Chimmy has. But I am going with the Tein-S. I LOVE to chop the corners FAST. And I am willing to sacrfice some ride quality to be able to do that. It just comes down to what you want more. Better ride or handeling. Its hard to the them both in one package. If you get some sway and strut bars with the Tein-H, then that may be your best road to take..

-nt

CBSIMONSEZ 01-31-2005 04:53 PM

I have the strut bar already installed in my RS1, so i dont know any different.