Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-suspension-handling-1606/)
-   -   thinkin about baggin the boX (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-suspension-handling-1606/thinkin-about-baggin-box-34524/)

dAbOkZ 09-12-2005 11:58 AM

thinkin about baggin the boX

lately i have been gettin tired and a lil bored of my car. :yawn: so i have beeen adding little minor after market parts on it to keep it looking good and different. i dont know why but i get bored of the same old car after a while so i have to change it up a bit.

so i have come to the decision to either get a new car, which would be more money, or just get sum big ol twanx and bags for my car. it would deffinetly get rid of the old boring feeling of my car. plus i would be playing w/ those switches foreveR! :bow:

now does anybody know hoe much around i would be spending on this little project?

~any input greatly appreciated~

~SAEED~

uncompiled 09-12-2005 01:50 PM

Ask Tango or BrianxB. I think the kits were around $1500...

fsr20det 09-13-2005 03:56 AM

dude, i feel the same way. its either a new project or bags, lol, i might just pick up a 2nd car and VIP that out.

peabe 09-13-2005 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by fsr20det
dude, i feel the same way. its either a new project or bags, lol, i might just pick up a 2nd car and VIP that out.

2 VERY good options. im in the same exact mindset right now. but i think im goin with bags.

JDMJim 09-13-2005 04:41 AM

bags are cool. It's fun to see peoples reactions when the car drops or rises. They prolly won't see another one like for awhile. Unfortunaltely though, I have been leaking air again and I am sick constantly tracking it down. After two hours the compressors are on refilling the tank and haven't touched the switches. That is the only thing the bugs me about them. Oh and my rattling fornts struts from Easystreet. And yeah I still have to pay to ship their defective product back. Is that right?

Sittin_Pretti_Box 09-13-2005 04:44 AM

You can get a good set up for $1500. Don't bother wasting your money on air runner. :no:

peabe 09-13-2005 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by JDMJim
bags are cool. It's fun to see peoples reactions when the car drops or rises. They prolly won't see another one like for awhile. Unfortunaltely though, I have been leaking air again and I am sick constantly tracking it down. After two hours the compressors are on refilling the tank and haven't touched the switches. That is the only thing the bugs me about them. Oh and my rattling fornts struts from Easystreet. And yeah I still have to pay to ship their defective product back. Is that right?

hey jim, i thought u fixed the leaks?

JDMJim 09-13-2005 04:46 AM

I thought so too.

bBOXD 09-13-2005 06:20 AM

Air runner! 'nuff said. :) NO leaks! :) Thanks to W-lock fittings.

Sittin_Pretti_Box 09-13-2005 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by bBOXD

Air runner! 'nuff said. :) NO leaks! :) Thanks to W-lock fittings.

no matter how good a kit is, there is always a chance for a leak here or there. all you gotta do is make sure you have enuf teflon on your fittings and air line has a straight edge and in all the way straight.

sciondrgn 09-13-2005 03:35 PM

I was using the PTC fittings from Easy street and they start leaking after a little while, I switched over to good old Compression Fittings from lowes and no problems what so ever! Ive left my car sitting for 3 days while away and came back and lifted the car right up without the compressor even coming on!

rebelMan 09-13-2005 05:07 PM

the front easy streets rattle? that sucks :(. I was gonna get me a set

sciondrgn 09-13-2005 07:34 PM

From what I can tell you either get a Rattle sound or the struts mess up on you..

Thats why Im still only rolling the rears until someone has good luck with a front kit

There are several with the ES fronts and are not having problems though

rebelMan 09-13-2005 08:30 PM

damn idk what to do, i want bags but everyone complains about every kit out there... well, except for airrunner. I can't see myself spending 3800$ on it though :(. Does everything "bolt-on" to the xB? Like what gauges and switchs does it come with?

bBOXD 09-13-2005 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by rebelMan
damn idk what to do, i want bags but everyone complains about every kit out there... well, except for airrunner. I can't see myself spending 3800$ on it though :(. Does everything "bolt-on" to the xB? Like what gauges and switchs does it come with?

The kit is $3100. I dont know where people are getting these $4K prices from? It is a complet bolt on. I will post a review soon. Dont worry. :)

Sittin_Pretti_Box 09-13-2005 11:36 PM

ES has taken care of the issues and have been making improvements.

My fave and I recommend, Parker Fittings, can be found at Western Fluid (doubt you have em) or Wesco.

dAbOkZ 09-14-2005 01:37 AM

this is all gr8 stuff guys... i will definetly consider all these and now finally know the prices. but does anybody know how hard it is to install or the cost. is it possible to install them myself without a lift?

Sittin_Pretti_Box 09-14-2005 01:41 AM

With a lil bit of time, and knowledge of air, you could have it done in a weekend. Making it look clean, wiring, and plumbing is what takes most of the time.

rebelMan 09-14-2005 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by bBOXD

Originally Posted by rebelMan

The kit is $3100. I dont know where people are getting these $4K prices from? It is a complet bolt on. I will post a review soon. Dont worry. :)

I emailed superbuytires.com, which on AirRunner's site their a main retailer here in the US. They told me 3800$ + shipping for the kit. Where did you buy yours from? Rather pay 3100$ then 3800$ :P

crayonBOX 09-14-2005 04:04 AM

easy street front; FBI rear; nuff said. itll be about 1500 ttl on a new kit; but if you learn about what it takes first; do a lil research, you'll know what to buy (sources: www.fbimini.com <good site, www.airliftcompany.com)

http://images12.fotki.com/v211/free/...ICT0015-vi.jpg

any more q's; pm me; ive got a list of ppl ill be sending my research to

~tesh